Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New feature exclusive to the pa900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:13 am    Post subject: New feature exclusive to the pa900 Reply with quote

I noticed in the manual, (and the video manual i think) a new feature which the previous korg's (pa3x pa600) do not have:
Here's a quote:
Quote:
Open this window by keeping one of the PERFORMANCE buttons pressed for about one second, or by choosing the Write Performance item from the page menu. Here, you can save all track settings, the selected Style, and various Style settings to a Performance.

and:
Quote:
Open this window by keeping one of the STS buttons pressed for about one second, or by choosing the Write Single Touch Setting item from the page menu. Here, you can save Keyboard track settings, and the selected Voice Processor Preset, to one of the four single Touch Settings (STS) belonging to the current Style.

It used to be that you have to hold down shift and then press the button. Now you just hold down that specific button. Neat feature.
Pa3XDK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, not that it bothers me to use the shift button - but I think there's alot of unused ground to be explored in their "Flagship"-model. And IF KORG don't want to develop that ground, I don't understand why they won't release codes to 3. party developers to make their products more groundbreaking? After all, the PA3 has the hardware for it (I suppose)... So... From a buisness-POV, that really amazes me! Rolling Eyes
NI Komplete Ultimate 9, and a hell of a lot VI's

Music demo's at;
https://soundcloud.com/hellan-n-rlev/sets
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Re: New feature exclusive to the pa900 Reply with quote

shim wrote:
I noticed in the manual, (and the video manual i think) a new feature which the previous korg's (pa3x pa600) do not have:
Here's a quote:
Quote:
Open this window by keeping one of the PERFORMANCE buttons pressed for about one second, or by choosing the Write Performance item from the page menu. Here, you can save all track settings, the selected Style, and various Style settings to a Performance.

and:
Quote:
Open this window by keeping one of the STS buttons pressed for about one second, or by choosing the Write Single Touch Setting item from the page menu. Here, you can save Keyboard track settings, and the selected Voice Processor Preset, to one of the four single Touch Settings (STS) belonging to the current Style.

It used to be that you have to hold down shift and then press the button. Now you just hold down that specific button. Neat feature.

This works fine on my PA600. I believe they added the new functionality with the OS update.

Here we go , from the Upgrade PDF ...

Long press to write Performances, STSs, Styles and SongBook Entries [1.1]
By keeping any of the PERFORMANCE, STS, STYLE or SONGBOOK buttons pressed for about one second, the corresponding Write dialog box appears. You can then write the current settings to memory

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
shim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see... Must be I didnt see it cause I was reading the original manual, not the updated one from the OS update.
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The real exclusivity of Pa900 you might have missed is multitasking !
Under this feature normally you can load resources , while playing the keyboard !

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
Shahin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get it anthony ! Korg has listed the multitasking feature since pa80 in every single model of arrangers specifications(including pa800 and pa900) so i guess i couldnt read between the lines and you were being ironic, werent you? Very Happy

but seriously have you found about any feature present in pa900 but absent in pa3x?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shahin wrote:
I did not get it anthony ! Korg has listed the multitasking feature since pa80 in every single model of arrangers specifications(including pa800 and pa900) so i guess i couldnt read between the lines and you were being ironic, werent you? Very Happy

but seriously have you found about any feature present in pa900 but absent in pa3x?

Well, for one there are 8 more oscillators in the PA900

PA3X ...

Tone Generator KORG EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator, 120 Voices, 120 Oscillators, Three band EQ for each track, Filters with resonance, DNC (Defined Nuance Control)

PA900 ...

Tone Generator KORG EDS (Enhanced Definition Synthesis) sound generator, 128 Voices, 128 Oscillators, Filters with Resonance, Three band EQ for each track

The only other 'feature' I can find found in the PA900 and not in the PA3x would be the built-in speakers. You don't have to pay extra $$$ for speakers. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
andreidelait

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pa900 has an assignable knob that is not present on Pa3X. Also the copy paste rename and delete options in dropdown menu.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they still couldn't put an EC5 socket in the back. Rolling Eyes
adimatis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always the MIDI pedals like Behringer that will make possible the foot control on many functions. It works just fine for most.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adimatis. Yep, I thought about that Behringer pedal, but it would be serious overkill for my needs. And going by the discussion in the thread about it, it's more of a nerd's paradise than I need or care to deal with.

I used to kick pedals in my old Hammond days, but with so much other stuff going on flying an arranger plus singing, the simpler I can keep things the better. Very Happy
adimatis

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand, agree. Multi switch pedal can make life much easier if you've used it before...

I suppose it's a matter of getting used to what can be done and what can not. To me, right now, the only use for a pedal switch that I can think of (given that there are three assignable buttons available) is for the Harmony on/off.

But on the other hand, I've not seen the Pa900 yet. I hope the many buttons and the touch screen will make the lost of a multiswitch pedal easier to take.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the thing, I don't need a bunch of pedals. Right now, my EC5 is set up as: A-break, B-fill1, C-fill2, D-sustain, E-sustain. The reason I have two pedals assigned to sustain is that I don't have any other assignments that I use. Far easier to leave those tasks to the feet, rather than having to take my hands off the keys - which is what will be necessary with the single pedal idea with the Pa900.

I was really looking forward to this new keyboard - even held off on the Pa3X for it. But no provision for an EC5, a deal-breaker for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: