Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA900 Style and Performance Compatiblity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:53 am    Post subject: PA900 Style and Performance Compatiblity Reply with quote

Does anyone know which styles and performances from older keyboards can be played on the New Korg PA900?

Deane
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Re: PA900 Style and Performance Compatiblity Reply with quote

Deane wrote:
Does anyone know which styles and performances from older keyboards can be played on the New Korg PA900?

Deane

From the specifications ...

Compatibility
"i-Series" models: Styles
Pa series: Style, Performance, Program/Sound, Song, SongBook, Pad

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Deane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Rick for the fast reply. Very helpful info.

Deane
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean I can take my SongBook from the Pa2X and import it into the Pa900?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:
Does this mean I can take my SongBook from the Pa2X and import it into the Pa900?

Possibly. You would have to do some editing to accommodate the differences in Sounds/Multisamples and Style definitions/locations between the two keyboards. "Compatibility" doesn't always mean a one-for-one match between the keyboards. It should mean you can load the files without errors though.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:
PraiseTheLord wrote:

Possibly. You would have to do some editing to accommodate the differences in Sounds/Multisamples and Style definitions/locations between the two keyboards. "Compatibility" doesn't always mean a one-for-one match between the keyboards. It should mean you can load the files without errors though.

That is about the only compatibility Rick. You can load the files of e.g. the PA800 without risks. But they won't give you much fun and I do know what I am talking about. As most of you will know I have programmed extensively on many PA models and many of you have used or are using part of my programming. My PA800 Resources and in particular of course the Performances have been tried on both PA600 and PA3X and have basically shown a mismatch with a few random nice shots. You could compare it with subjecting a text to a Google translation machine. You basically get gibberish but do get an idea of what the text is about...
I have no reason to expect that decent PA800 programming ( or other previous models) will work well on the new PA900 because its sound/sample structure is based on the PA3X. It simply means that as far as good registrations is concerned you first can lead on the factory presets ( often not very impressive) or will have to start from scratch.

regards,
John Smies

http://pasounds.intropagina.nl/
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the details of the styles and sounds in the appendix of the user manual and compared it to the Pa2X, and see the point. There are substantial differences in the location of both styles and sounds as well as additions and deletions. It looks like all my songs would require reprogramming, so I might as well start from scratch.

It would be such a benefit to have some form of conversion software to assist the change from keyboard to new keyboard. Having said that, I guess having to allow for all the combinations of possible options would make that a tedious task.
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:02 am    Post subject: no more for me Reply with quote

we have a gm set of sounds standard and gm set of stamdard drums ( yes maybe not so good but standard ) if korg would keep a standard set of styles or keep a stardard set in the same place it would make life easyer , this is why my song book point to my favorite , so the next update or keyboard , i just load my favorites and song book and i am up and running , and then i look at the new styles and copy them or the one i use to my favorites, no more matching styles and change thing over ,evertime a new keyboard come out ,korg said just open your song book up and use this chart and match thing up , and it take years to do , this is what i do ,
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duby2

That's a great idea, thanks!
duby2
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: 400 songs plus midi and mp3 Reply with quote

if you change your song book link to the new styles evertime a new keyboard come out it will take you a few hours , or do it once time and use your favorites and the song book, your favorites is 400 plus styles , who play 400 styles or song at one job , and if so on your next break just load in another set of 400 styles and do the rest of the night ,
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duby2, how do you cope with the STS that you apply to each song in SongBook. Do you have to set that up from scratch?
andreidelait

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

I have a short experience about compatibility between Pa series. But I tried to load a style from Pa600 to Pa3X. In Pa30 a guitar that I used was in a different page than Pa600 and Pa3X recognised what guitar is and loaded it corectly. So as far as I can see Korg in their OSs already managed to relocate the sounds. I'm not sure about the songbooks but I think if they use factory sounds and styles the songbook entries will work fine as long as both keyboards contain the sounds and styles used in songbooks.
I hope I made my point here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: