Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Logic X released
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Logic X released Reply with quote

Just got an e-mail from Apple to say that Logic X & MainStage 3 has been released. But there are no upgrades available.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow what a response...............................

There are nothing but tumbleweeds and cobwebs on this part of the forum forum forum. Rolling Eyes
Comrad_Durandal

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am always excited to see Apple refine their professional software offerings - though I don't yet own Logic or Mainstage. However, in the future - I am looking to purchase Logic, though unsure if I want to get it in the box set for $500 or from the App Store for 200... I am sure there is a bunch of items in the box set I just won't get if I buy the download-only copy.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been looking as well but suspected an upgrade was imminent. Now that it is here I haven't the funds. When I get them I will get it. I think but do not know for sure, that it will be much easier on my system resources and work better with the new rMBP I have then the old logic express 8 I loaded in it.

I think it would be nice to see the differences and what is or isn't included int he box vs download. Although I haven't seen a logic X box yet, I haven't actually looked.
rrricky rrrecordo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of posts online about how easy it is to crash LX, even with the recent update. L9 does everything I need and then some, plus none of the 32 bit plugs I've invested heavily in will work in LX.

I'm more likely to spring for a completely different DAW rather than upgrade to LX in the forseeable future.
Current Korg apparatus: MicroStation, MicroKorg, MicroSampler, WaveDrum, Trinity V3, M1REX, Wavestation SR, X5DR, Original Legacy Collection w/ MS-20 controller, iMS-20, DS-10 Plus x2, ELECTRIBE Rhythm Mk ll, iELECTRIBE, Kaossilator, padKONTROL, MicroKONTROL, NanoKey, NanoKontrol, Stage Echo SE-300
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't searched to much about it since I can't get it anytime soon. That being said I wouldn't buy a new software or product this complicated until some early adopters got through all the bug finds and the developer had the fixes out. Took my almost three years to buy a Kronos!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I haven't searched to much about it since I can't get it anytime soon. That being said I wouldn't buy a new software or product this complicated until some early adopters got through all the bug finds and the developer had the fixes out. Took my almost three years to buy a Kronos!

I had the same apprehensions regarding the bugs but since I purchased the software it has been nothing short of great. I love the drummer feature, that and the track stack feature was enough for me to purchase the X.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will watch the Mac Pro videos for logicX before I buy, a good way to get familiar with it, I think.

My ultimate goal is to take a lot of old LP's and 45's and remaster them. I don't know if I can do this in logic anymore.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do a lot in Logic, including mastering, but if your "ultimate goal" is to do this I would suggest getting mastering software instead. Like Samplitude Master, or Wavelab studio, with a bunch of good plug-ins (Ozone etc) and a DDP tool.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks I will look into those!

Went to samplitude and it is windows only.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
I will watch the Mac Pro videos for logicX before I buy, a good way to get familiar with it, I think.

My ultimate goal is to take a lot of old LP's and 45's and remaster them. I don't know if I can do this in logic anymore.

Hey Bertotti,
Did you sign up with MacPro Video?
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep within a week or two of you letting me know about it. Just finished the synthesis101, kind of a history of synths and moog.

I got an email from them offering a 15$ a month subscription. Great timing!
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bertotti wrote:
Yep within a week or two of you letting me know about it. Just finished the synthesis101, kind of a history of synths and moog.

I got an email from them offering a 15$ a month subscription. Great timing!

Good I am glad. I really enjoy the courses that they have. Be well.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm leaning towards logic X when the time arrives. ie When I have the cash, if it don't wotk out I will look at something else but for everything else it looks to be a nice step up from 8express.
Diego5150
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like it so far. I had just purchased Logic Pro 9 in February and I was not going to get it just yet, but I then checked out the Drummer feature and how you choose a type of music from Rock, Song writer, R&B and Alternative and Logic comes up with drum track for you that can be modified. You also can set up an intro, verse, chorus & outro and the drum track will again come up with a full track that can be edited.
The interface feels very smooth as well. I am glad I purchased it but I do wish I would have waited so I could have saved the $200 +.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Mac Users All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: