Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Montribe multi synth looping

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spence Dylan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Montribe multi synth looping Reply with quote

Hey guys. Im curious to know if the monotribe can loop synth lines from multiple keyboards as well as start and stop them at any time. Right now my rig consists of a Microkorg, Krome Workstation, a Microkorg XL+ and a Kaossilator pro. I want to be able to record synth lines from all of these synthesizers at different times as well as start and stop them
In real time. If the Monotribe doesnt do this could someone reccomend something that does? Thanks alot.
sohatyi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking about recording the MIDI notes and then playing them back through multiple keyboards, you need a solid sequencer. The Yamaha RM1X is an incredibly capable sequencer with 16 tracks, albeit somewhat dated.
Novation: UltraNova, Nova
Yamaha: RM1X, CS2X, DX11, DX Reface, YC Reface
Other: Zoom R24, Quasimidi 309, Beat Thang, Akai MPC1000 and a couple of Omnichords
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electribe emx1 will give you 5 midi channels of keyboards plus 5 more keyboard parts in the unit & still 9 drum parts left over.
Still in production, still current & built like a tank ! There are other features it can offer too. Rolling Eyes

If you want to spend less. The yamaha QY series offer muti track midi recording. I have a QY10 (The first one from the 80's) & it is a handy little extra. You can get one for not much cash on ebay. They also did further models, all worth checking out before you spend the money. They're small but offer midi in & out. Best used with a master midi keyboard.
volcanizer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpc1000 or mpc500...VERY capable sequencer 16channel x2 A,B. throughs should take care of sequencing...of course u get the bang of a sampler...no brainer... out of production yet parts and units are still plenty... i
chris-korg

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming back to the original question if Monotribe is suitable for that:

I would suggest only very limited. You would need Midi-In/Out - modification which cost you around EUR 50-100.- and the problem there is that the Monotribe would only listen and send to Midi-channel 1 (at least that is what my Monotribe is doing).

So the route suggested above to get a more powerful sequencer is probably much better. I use for that kind of application for example a Roland MC303 which you get used at around EUR 150.-
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: