Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Audio problems in left channel output of Microkorg XL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pbo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Audio problems in left channel output of Microkorg XL Reply with quote

I just got a used Microkorg XL and it's having some issues with sound in the left channel. There's almost no sound in the left channel through the headphone output and the sound is very low in volume in the left output when I'm using both the left and right channel outputs in a stereo recording set-up. I tried doing a factory reset, but that doesn't seem to be helping any. Is there some sort of panning feature with the output that can be adjusted or does this seem like a serious internal hardware problem?

Thanks in advance for any info!
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

There is a panning setting per timbre in each program. But there is no such thing as global panning for all programs.
It can be that panning is set to the right channel for the particular program you want to use.
But for most programs after factory reset, the panning is set to center and may be modulated.

So... do you have problems with the left channel on all the programs? If yes, then it looks like a hardware problem.
Check also your cables/panning settings on your recording set-up.

Good luck!
huber

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: I have the same problem Reply with quote

Yes, this is what has been killin my jag. The left channel even becomes distorted but not popping in and out. It is not always like this however. Sometimes it works just fine. Mine worked good to start. then it lost stereo for almost two days. Stereo came back but now the output is unsteady and mainly in the right ear. Does anybody know how to fix it?
jwallis123

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having the same problem. It seemed to just be the left (i think it's left that's going out) mono out and the headphones out was fine, but now it's both the left mono out and the headphones. Has anyone found a resolution to this?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Refer to this thead: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=92092

It is similar and as a consequence the solution as well...

Good luck.
afmultimedia

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same problem on my Microkorg XL+ bought last year (2016)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: