Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

INDEX - KORG KRONOS Resources and Information
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Poseidon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve just tried Pioneer BDR-XD05W drive ( https://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Computer/Computer+Drives/BDR-XD05W ), and it works with Korg Kronos 2.
Pioneer recommends to use both connectors over USB 2, and only one when using USB 3.
However I’ve found no problems with only main connector.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2020 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK wrote:
Kronos KSC memory usage / follow-up - free Excel sheet

Hello there,

Here's a little Excel sheet I want to share in case anyone else might find it useful too. I created it and use it in MS Excel and as it includes checkboxes I am not sure it will work in online Excel-wannabe apps like Google sheets. But it should work if you have MS Excel.

With it you can :

1) see if your Kronos has enough RAM by clicking checkboxes of any KSC you want to add or created yourself - similar to the KSC Auto-load tab, but without using your Kronos.

2) do a follow-up of your latest changes (between an original and updated sample set) and RAM usage gain, if you like to optimize your programs to use the Kronos memory as efficiently as possible.

The last two columns are protected to avoid calculation mistakes, but you can unprotect them if you want (there is no password), for example to add more lines or improve on it, etc.

To use it, simply download it at : https://www.filedropper.com/kronosmemory. Look at the examples provided, then simply erase what's in the cells and write your own stuff. Clicking on the checkboxes adds the KSCs to the RAM usage and subtracts memory from the Kronos RAM limit (1961 Mb in the example). Note that you can change the Kronos RAM limit too (white cell at the bottom). It can vary a bit depending on the unit and other factors. If there is not enough RAM, the cell background becomes yellow to warn you. It is free, so enjoy. Cool

Hello KK, thanks but your link is no longer available. Is there another place where to get your file ?

Thanks a lot
BlackForest

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reviving this thread, should we not include a section for working DVD drives on the first page? Maybe I missed something. It's just that this subject has now become interesting for my, having to have reinstall the SSD.
Maybe it is an current issue anyway as our boards are not getting any younger and more folks may need a reinstallation?

Korg DS-8, Roland D-10, M1Rex, Wavestation, Korg SP-280, JV2080, Wavestate, Kronos LS - all RIP
KingKronos

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlackForest wrote:
Reviving this thread, should we not include a section for working DVD drives on the first page? Maybe I missed something. It's just that this subject has now become interesting for my, having to have reinstall the SSD.
Maybe it is an current issue anyway as our boards are not getting any younger and more folks may need a reinstallation?

A few months ago I did a restore using DVDs.

Here's what worked for me:

Samsung External DVD Writer
Model SE-S084
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: