Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Got a PA600 :) :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnnie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony you are quite right the PA is not the best but it is in it's price range. Of course there was the KN7000 but going back 5 years or so that was over Ģ1000 GBP (Yes we have both come over from Synthzone) and the KN7000 was a heavy beast. The PA600 certainly has enough good sounds and styles to keep most people busy BUT don't we all look for new styles and sounds in order to quench our appetites and fill our media up. I see the 600 as a good improvement on the 500. 128 poly over 80 for the 500.better sound output. If you are not too smart where to look what to press sort globals and midis (that's me) then there is a lot that stops the boredom factor creeping in and given time good advice and goodwill on this board I will soon be rattling a few keys
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

thank you for your answers.

First - i donīt want mix up technical point with financial points. The question - tell me a better key for the same price was not my intention if i started my post. I donīt like the feeling under my fingers if i play the Claviatur - not more - not less. And this subjective feeling is not direct proportional to the price Wink. And maybe there are a lot of users which like the Claviatur - i donīt.

I love my PA600 in general - itīs good to handle, fast ..... and have a lot of advantages according to my old PA1XPRO (which sounds much better due to my expansion boards - but another story).

If there will be a standard Calivatur from Fatar inside it will be possible to change it, but it isnīt.

Does anyone know if the PA900 will have the same Claviatur inside or a better one which might be fit to PA600 too?

Wish you a good time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
gerr60

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: re ps600 Reply with quote

I have just purchased a korg ps600 as I was advised it was the nearest thing to technics kn7000, which to me was the most state of the art keyboard ever produced with excellent sounds, have tried tyros but doesn't even come close.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wittid wrote:
Hello all,

thank you for your answers.

First - i donīt want mix up technical point with financial points. The question - tell me a better key for the same price was not my intention if i started my post. I donīt like the feeling under my fingers if i play the Claviatur - not more - not less. And this subjective feeling is not direct proportional to the price Wink. And maybe there are a lot of users which like the Claviatur - i donīt.

I love my PA600 in general - itīs good to handle, fast ..... and have a lot of advantages according to my old PA1XPRO (which sounds much better due to my expansion boards - but another story).

If there will be a standard Calivatur from Fatar inside it will be possible to change it, but it isnīt.

Does anyone know if the PA900 will have the same Claviatur inside or a better one which might be fit to PA600 too?

Wish you a good time.

The PA900 is spec'd with a 'semi-weighted' keybed. The PA600 is not semi-weighted. For the extra $800 US I guess you get a better keybed. Wink

Your best bet is to go see and play the PA900 when it makes its debut at a dealer near you.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
wittid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Thoraldus,
iīll check it out.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jackuar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:

The PA900 is spec'd with a 'semi-weighted' keybed. The PA600 is not semi-weighted. For the extra $800 US I guess you get a better keybed. Wink

For the extra $800, its not not just the keybed (Edited here)... you missed the even more important one - THE vocal harmonizer - TC Helicon in it. That itself, to me, is worth 800. And yes the keybed, the extra bells and whistles obviously and couple of other cool features like sampling and cross fader. Best bang for buck again.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackuar wrote:
Thoraldus wrote:

For the extra $800, its not not just the keybed (Edited here)... you missed the even more important one - THE vocal harmonizer - TC Helicon in it. That itself, to me, is worth 800. And yes the keybed, the extra bells and whistles obviously and couple of other cool features like sampling and cross fader. Best bang for buck again.

Yes, I know. Look up the definition of 'sardonic' and watch for Wink in my posts. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: