Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

US/North America Availability?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: US/North America Availability? Reply with quote

So - I'm having a tough time nailing down a real "release date" for the MS-20 in the USA.

Dates in the past have mentioned May, June and July, some "summer" and some "fall" timeframes mentioned.

Most online dealers show a "coming soon" or preorder status.

Guitar Center says "available in stores" but if you sort by "available now" there are no locations that have one. Preorders are still backed up.

Amazon only has international dealers shipping from Japan (with hefty shipping fees.)

Some US buyers already have theirs (early preorders or just lucky?)

Is this a case where I should just assume Christmas 2013 before I see a MS-20 Mini sitting on a shelf?

Any info or wild speculation is much appreciated.
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I was at a Sam Ash store and asked about the MS20. They said that only 6 stores had a single demo model each. They said they could have one delivered to me in a few days if I wanted one but I do not like store demos so I declined.

About a month ago I asked for an expected delivery date from Sweetwater. I was told maybe in October. I did not place an order and got a Sub Phatty instead.

So ... unless Korg has really stepped up production it just may be Christmas time unless you have already pre-ordered one. I personally have no hopes of getting one anytime this year and do not have one on order anywhere. If I still want one when they become available I may get one at that time.

And I live on Long Island right next to Korg USA headquarters. You would think they could ship a few in the area. Maybe if I go to the warehouse and beg Wink
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to know I'm not the only one wondering where the MS20s are.

I'm just going to stop hunting now and wait until the preorder rush is taken care of.

If I were you I'd check behind the Korg HQ and look in the dumpsters!
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Release date in the US already happened, which was the end of Spring. Mine was shipped out from Guitar Center on June 10, but I ordered it way back on February 1st. Preorders wiped out all the major music gear dealers, but you might have some luck calling up locally owned businesses. One music shop in my city had a few for sale before Guitar Center even got theirs in, but of course they all sold out as well within a couple of weeks.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
Ted3000
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Memberb,

Thanks - I'll vist the local shops in the next few weeks. Not expecting to find a stack of them, but maybe there's a chance one is out there...
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after all this time I still can't get a solid date for an MS20 delivery. How is everyone else doing with getting their hands on one? Even an in-store demo wold be nice at his point.
Re-Member
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Korg Volca's preordered from JRR Shop and the owner mentioned that Korg is aiming to ship their first US batch out to stores at the end of this month. The next batch of Minis will most likely be included with this shipment, but like I mentioned before, every store has a long line of preorders. If you haven't had a preorder placed at this point, you're probably not going to get one till next year unless you are willing to buy one used. I've actually seen two pop up on Craigslist where I live, so that's another outlet worth checking everyday.
Roland Juno-60, SH-101, TR-606, MC-505, Casio CZ-101, Yamaha DX100, DX11, Kawai R-50e // Korg R3, microSTATION, Monotribe, MS-20 Mini, SQ-1, minilogue, electribe sampler, Volca series: Bass, Keys, Beats, Sample, FM, Kick, Moog Theremin
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've given up waiting for the MS-20. We haven't had a single delivery to Australia yet, except for 8 demo units which arrived in the country 2 months ago.

Pre-orders from February are still waiting to be filled. I know my local retailer has around 6 pre-orders, but have been told they will only be receiving an allocation of two from the first shipment - so even people who pre-ordered will be waiting.

I think I have my heart set on either a DSI Tetra or Prophet 08 Desktop now.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
starscrm7

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: ms 20 mini availibility Reply with quote

I pre-ordered on Jan. 28th right after namm show. took me till june to get it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: