Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA3x..compared to the new PA900..?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adimatis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamer wrote:
Can anyone comment about the differences in sounds and styles between the PA3-X and the PA-900? From the demo's posted so far I seem to hear many new sounds in the PA-900.

Regarding the styles, I really believe it is a non issue, as Pa900 fully reads the Pa3x styles. Just get them, load them, play them all!
Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adi,

of course some minor tweaking will be necessary, due to differences in the sounds used.

Last edited by Dreamer on Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of the overall difference between PA3 and PA-900 I want to add something to what Pippuzzo wrote.
I am afraid that there is more than what the specifications say: true, they took away the sampler section, the separate outs, the digital in/out, some real time controls and so on, but I think that there are also other, hidden, differences.
If you go to korgpa.com and listen to sound samples of both the PA-900 and the PA3X, you will probably notice that they don't sound the same. The comparison is easier for some instruments (like the grand piano, the trombone and the acoustic bass), that use the same song (most likely a midifile). To my ears the PA3X sounds more defined, "rounder" (or less harsh, if you prefer). The trombone, for example, has more bottom end and at first I thought that it had a different equalization, but then realized that this greater presence was found also in the mids and the highs. I don't know if it's a matter of different D/A converters, filters or effect section (the PA3X can have up to 8 MFX together vs 4 on the PA-900), but there is definitely a difference.
I guess that, once again, it's true that you get what you pay for...
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a difference in the sound!
On a similar "note", I have many recordings of myself playing PA3X and Yamaha PSR S950, on the same Tascam recorder. I will be listening to this sometimes, like on a trip, with headphones, and I'll be thinking about how good the Yamaha sounds. Then a PA3X recording comes on, and the difference in sound is so apparent! The Korg is clearer, fuller, more alive, etc.
I only wish the Korg had those wonderful Yamaha lead Electric Guitars!
DonM

P.S. My response edited. Guess I'm getting senile. i misread this topic as comparison between PA3X and PSR S950. Sorry, but it might be helpful to someone anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: