Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa900 Availability

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Pa900 Availability Reply with quote

Where are you guys finding the Pa900? It's not listed on Sweetwater.com. Is it not available in the US?
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Re: Pa900 Availability Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:
Where are you guys finding the Pa900? It's not listed on Sweetwater.com. Is it not available in the US?

Amazon.com Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contact Frank at Audioworks in Connecticut.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=83458
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ... As of this morning Amazon has 2 left and Audioworks is sold out. It looks like this is becoming a popular item.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bald Eagle,

I got mine from Frank at AudioWorks and had my hands on it for two days now - this keyboard is a winner for me and I think it is going to be a huge hit for Korg and us players.

Bill G
Bald Eagle
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you get a lot for your money. But what's the keybed action like? Is it closer to Kronos or closer to Krome. It seems that lately the quality of the keybed suffers first when the price starts coming down.
sgca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Re: Pa900 Availability Reply with quote

Bald Eagle wrote:

Sweetwater had one on Tuesday which I passed on. I got mine from Alto Music via Amazon. It just arrived today. However it is missing the "bundled" items (bag, stand and sustain pedal) so I'll have to track them down on Monday.

This is my first complex keyboard (transitioning from a very basic Yamaha P200 circa 2000) so I feel like I'm in front of a fire hose of information and new concepts. Should be fun!
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Pa900 Availability Reply with quote

sgca wrote:
Bald Eagle wrote:

Sweetwater had one on Tuesday which I passed on. I got mine from Alto Music via Amazon. It just arrived today. However it is missing the "bundled" items (bag, stand and sustain pedal) so I'll have to track them down on Monday.

This is my first complex keyboard (transitioning from a very basic Yamaha P200 circa 2000) so I feel like I'm in front of a fire hose of information and new concepts. Should be fun!

Just a suggestion. Sit down and read through the User Manual - cover to cover. Sure there will be a lot of new concepts you wont grasp right away, but as you approach all the new features of the keyboard, you'll find it a LOT easier to locate information in the manual as you need it. Works for me. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
sgca

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good plan... I'm working my way through the abbreviated (100 page) Quick User Guide now and will put the detailed pdf file on my laptop and work my way through that next... but both assume a certain basic knowledge of electronic music making (like Pad tracks which I still don't have a solid grasp of ... seems like any sounds that aren't keyboard, drums, guitar and bass). Luckily I can look them up on the internet.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgca wrote:
good plan... I'm working my way through the abbreviated (100 page) Quick User Guide now and will put the detailed pdf file on my laptop and work my way through that next... but both assume a certain basic knowledge of electronic music making (like Pad tracks which I still don't have a solid grasp of ... seems like any sounds that aren't keyboard, drums, guitar and bass). Luckily I can look them up on the internet.

PADs are either one shot or looping single track "styles". You can record any sound in your sound banks to a PAD. PAD's will follow your chord input in the left hand. PADs can be up to 32 measures long. 4 PADs can be assigned to each Style and load automatically with the Style.

Johann Sebastian Bach

sgca

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Wow... I was way off Reply with quote

Quote:
PADs are either one shot or looping single track "styles". You can record any sound in your sound banks to a PAD. PAD's will follow your chord input in the left hand. PADs can be up to 32 measures long. 4 PADs can be assigned to each Style and load automatically with the Style.

Thanks for the explanation.
Wow... I was way off... I'm a retired business automation analyst and s/w developer so I expect I'll have all the relationships and structure figured out soon.

Looks like I might be keeping my dinosaur (88key Yamaha P200). I tried playing some classical music on the Korg today and was frustrated at the missing 2 octaves; although I'm going to keep trying. I'm trying to reduce the volume of my "stuff". Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: