Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Some great new videos of Korg PA900 - DNC, styles, harmonise

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midinotes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Some great new videos of Korg PA900 - DNC, styles, harmonise Reply with quote

Some great new demos of the PA900 uploaded by MuzyKuj.com.... I am eager to hear all the demos anyone can find of this amazing new arranger!

DNC voice demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VmXKJHEIo

Pianos
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVnHZhbYeNA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYyELSMBdjeKpieusbHxqAw

Styles (3 of)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpJE66ariAM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYyELSMBdjeKpieusbHxqAw

Helicon vocal harmoniser
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8vaszVrG-o&feature=c4-overview&list=UUYyELSMBdjeKpieusbHxqAw

Very Happy

There is also a good review on the website with more audio samples which you can translate using Chrome browsers or Google from Polish to English if need be....

http://www.muzykuj.com/testy/instrumenty-klawiszowe/korg/korg-pa-900,443-page-1.html
adimatis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, nice find!
brooster

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good videos!
Dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These videos are really good; in particular, I loved the (two) styles chosen and many of the sounds, especially the guitars.
Now I wonder: if the PA-900 sounds and styles are derived from the PA3X, how come there are not demo's of similar quality of the latter keyboard? Or am I missing something? Is it possible that the PA-900 has a new soundset or new styles?
Can a PA3X owner comment on this please?
adimatis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrea,

As far as I know, from people who got and tested the Pa900, it is pretty much the same thing as Pa3x - particulalry in the sounds department - except for:
- not fully weighted, but half-weighted keys
- plastic body
- not as many controllers (buttons, sliders, etc.)
- not as many connections
- not the same harmonizer
- not the same sampler and editing functions

I guess Korg will still keep the best mark for their >3000 euro instruments, rather than <2000 euro one. So, the marketing will be more reserved...

But don't you find the Pa900 demos quite good?

All the best!
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andrea,

One thing is for certain, if you compare the multisample list of both the PA900 and the PA3X it is virtually the same. ( pa3x has two or three more multisamples, negligible if you know that the total amount is over 800 multisamples). One thing I can get no handle on is the total amount of ROM space used to harbour all these samples. It could be that the PA900 uses less ROM space ( read: shorter samples) but if it does not then the results should be fully identical. Similar to the PA2X compared to the PA800.

cari saluti,
John Smies
Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adi and John,

thank you for your comments. Smile
First question (to John): where can I find the multisample lists? I have downloaded both the user manuals but couldn't find them (usually they are at the end).
I have to say that I am really impressed by these demo's; what worries me is that, just like they have replaced the harmonizer with a cheaper model, could have cut other corners too: cheaper D/A converters, cheaper effect section, cheaper filters, and this could have an effect on the overall sound quality.
What puzzles me, on the other hand, is that this PA-900 in some ways is more advanced than even the PA-3: for example it has a faster USB connection and, most important, 128 voices of polyphony vs. 120.
What do you think?
Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

I was able to find the PA-3 sound list: it was in the advanced edit manual; no such luck with the PA-900 till now.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamer,

Maybe I am not reading this correctly, but the Sounds and the Multisamples are all listed in the Appendix of the Pa900 owners manual, not in the Quick Guide.

Bill G
johnsmies
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is correct Bill, so Andrea just go to the Korg PA site and download the
owner's manual.

saluti,
John
adimatis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More to the point, page 334.
Wink
User Manual>Appendix>Factory Data>Multisample

I think Korg really wants to offer the best they can, even new features, without taking the costs too high.

I noticed they copied in a sense Yamaha strategy. They now even position their Pa900 to fight with S950, price wise I mean, and introduce novelty features (just like S950 compared with Tyros4) probably to test and encourage expectations for the next top arranger (2014? 2015?)

Now, the market is pretty clear...

top / middle~$2000 / low~$1000
Roland / - / BK9 / BK5, BK3
Yamaha / Tyros / S950 / S750, etc
Korg / Pa3x / Pa900 / Pa600, Pa500, MA, etc

I guess Roland presents their BK9 as top simply because they need to test the market for their "we're back" slogan... Price wise is there, in the middle. But I digress.
Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill and John,

thank you: you are both correct and I begin to worry about my visual acuity. Shocked
Ciao
Dreamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adi,

thank to you as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: