Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EMX1-SD: output 3/4 ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axd

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: EMX1-SD: output 3/4 ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I was wondering what's so special about outputs 3/4? What is the advantage of 3/4? (Of course, this allows for separate EQ, and tube bypass - but no FX - but this doesn't sound that revolutionary...)

Maybe this is a leftover from previous hardware models? Maybe to bypass the tubes? Use as separate monitoring channels? (eg the metronome).

Maybe it would allow to multitrack and therefore permit DAW work n the separate tracks?

thx.
tetra, Max49
http://soundcloud.com/axd
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not that revolutionary until you start using external FX units on the 3/4 and porting them back into the box input.. or are bussing out a kick separately to sidechain a compressor. as well as the obvious advantage of separating parts to EQ or multitrack them.

without the 3/4 outs you wouldn't be able to use an external fx unit and bus it back into the box... or bus any part back in to use the audio-in+comb for dual filtering or dual LFO (the main outs bussed back into the box would just cause insane feedback)

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
axd

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, for FX send/return!

Thanks!
tetra, Max49
http://soundcloud.com/axd
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well. It's outside the box really. They're for whatever you want to utilize them for.
The only issue i have is that there are not more individual outputs. Wish there were more routing options. Rolling Eyes
button

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I want moooree. I'm setting them up to have the kick on main L, snare on main R and open and closed hats on indv. 3 and either key bass or everything else on 4. all four lines running into my interface and onto four audio tracks in ableton. Currently trying to figure out how to sync the tempo grid on ableton, it should be possible without using a midi cable or anything like that. It shows as double on ableton (220 but 110 on esx) and is out of time with the grid lines :S
robosardine
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are also useful for sending a click track to your Monotribe ......... and your Volca...... probably...... if they ever arrive Rolling Eyes
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me and the way I've set up things, it kinda sucks the effects are disabled on outputs 3 & 4
domingo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw. Is it normal that 3/4 bus levels are REALLY low? Even comparing to dry L/R signal without any valve saturation it seems like some 20dB lower. Yeah, I can turn up the gain on the mixer but then I get quite a lot of annoying noise...

Bless!
xavi_esx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: no sound from output 4 Reply with quote

Anyone maybe have an idea why I'm not getting sound off output 4? I'm passing ESX into itself with a Y from outputs 1-2 into audio-in and then routing my audio-in to outputs 3/4. In the global menu I've made sure to set my audio-in to stereo, but still I only get sound out the left side(output 3). Is there anywhere I have to assign output 3/4 to stereo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: