Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My New PA900
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azsert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
azsert

I wish I had as much faith in any program as you have with Adobe. Wink

BillyHank, it is not only in a particular program. I opened the files in many programs. In particular - in Cubase, in Sound Forge Pro, in SONAR. In all these programs, files recorded on pa900 recognized with such quality. It is unlikely that all programs can be wrong. And, excuse me, the issue is not on the topic. I do not know English. I can imagine how bad it takes my automatic translator. It looks funny or tolerable? Just wondering.
Paolo@Korg
Korg Italy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Pa900 records MP3 songs as variable rate files. This may confuse some audio editors.

Paolo
Dikikeys

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ This.

Unless an audio editor is specifically set up for VBR MP3's, it reports the bit rate as the lowest available.
adello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: ALERT KORG FACTORY !!!? poor mp3 quality recording WHY? Reply with quote

First I am not a professional musician who owns ten keybords !! and takes monetary profits by music playing, I'm just an amateur .. That being said, 2000 euros spent are not a handful of wheat!.

so, I do not understand why a powerful machine like the PA900 encodes mp3 files in this super-low-resolution of 32 kb/s !

why the manual was not quite clear on this point ? but a snapshot on page 94 indicates that the resolution of medium quality is 128 kbit / s, something that let me believe before, as not to doubt, that high and highest will surely be respectively 256 kbs and 320 kbs..

I'm really disappointed, because, quite simply, saving to mp3 was one of two major reasons for my purchase.

I hope so much that KORG FACTORY give more clarification on this issue and especially why the contents of the window on page 94 of the manual is not the same on the keyboard HOPE the problem can be CORRECTED and FIXED, AS SOON AS POSSIBLE through a new OPERATING SYSTEM .... otherwise it's a DISASTER ..
BillyHank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It never fails to amaze me how not understanding new technology convinces some folks that they have acquired a piece of junk!

Have you thought about contacting Korg for an explanation of your total dissatisfaction with a truly amazing keyboard made by them?

For what it's worth - the MP3 recording on the Pa900 is very, very good, but maybe you should try the Yamaha S950 as it records Wave and not MP3, but wait - on no - it only works with just a couple of USB sticks and stops recording to the point of utter frustration and has been this way for 3 new issues of their keyboards.

Bill G
adello

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:56 pm    Post subject: a poor pa900 integrated mp3 recorder, why???? Reply with quote

I already sent a request to Korg.

And to answer your question, I ask myself: what is the utility of an integrated mp3 recorder if it does not conform to the minimum standard..(128 kb/s at least !!)
adimatis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adello...

Before having a heart attack because of terrible indignation about how Korg missled you in believing "higher"and "high" are better than"medium" (!!!) just reed what Diki and Paolo said four and five posts above!

In simple words, not Korg is your problem! Wink
adello

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:56 am    Post subject: !! Reply with quote

adimatis..

Waiting for an official response from Korg, I want to thank you for your compliments ..

"With full knowledge of the facts, many people take the defense of their contractual rights for destiny!" adello!
pippuzzo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi adello,

have to agree with others that you misunderstood the reply from Paolo of Korg. But since you specified you are not a professional I think few other words must be added to help you understanding.

MP3 can be: fixed rate or variable rate (VBR). Btw this it is the standard international mp3 specification, is not a Korg decision at all.

Fixed means that you (the user) fix a rate (typically 128, 192, 256 kbits) that is kept all over the file.
Variable means that the encoder constantly change the rate according to the nature of the sound to be compressed by the mp3 algorithm.
This means that you choose in this case the quality (low, medium, high) and according to this setting the variable rate will change.
This it is nothing new: a professional audio editor for computer works the same.

Just as an example could be (just guessing, please understand) that "low" quality range from 32 to 128 kbits while "high" range from 56 to 256. But as said just guessing, don't know how really the Korg encoder works.

So Korg is not offering to you a low quality feature as 32 kbits as you said. It is offering to you a feature that does not waste space in your hard disk (VBR start also with this target in mind) and offer to you the maximum quality but only when really necessary.

In your case the 32 kbits it's just because the mp3 usually start with a small silence (so a low rate is used - you don't need to keep the quality for silence, right?) and this it is reported by the audio editor. But when a fortissimo comes the rate will for sure jump to 192 or 256 kbits just because this rate is necessary to keep the quality in this particular passage. With VBR the rate change every moment as said.

This it is more or less the technical explanation for this but you can find for sure a better one in internet if you would like to go deeper.

Hope anyway this helping you to hate less this useful and nice feature Very Happy

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: