Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

changing sounds associated with pads

View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterkorg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: changing sounds associated with pads Reply with quote

Hi
I don't seem to be able to find a section in the pa600 manual on changing sounds associated with pad hits or sequences. I've found other pad parameters that can be edited (effects etc) but I can't believe that basic pad sounds can't be changed without recording new pads. Maybe it's just me and I'm missing something? If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it!
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Re: changing sounds associated with pads Reply with quote

peterkorg wrote:
Hi
I don't seem to be able to find a section in the pa600 manual on changing sounds associated with pad hits or sequences. I've found other pad parameters that can be edited (effects etc) but I can't believe that basic pad sounds can't be changed without recording new pads. Maybe it's just me and I'm missing something? If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate it!

While in Style mode, press the red RECORD button then select 'Record/Edit Pad'. This will open up the Pad Select screen. Now select the pad you want to edit. Now press the MENU button and select 'Track Controls'. You will now see the PAD REC Track Controls screen. At the top of the screen is a black horizontal bar with the name of the current sound used by the pad. Touch the name and you will be presented with a sound select screen. Select a new sound for the pad, you can press the the START/STOP button to audition the new sound. Once you have the sound you want press EXIT to go back to the PAD REC Track Control screen. You can now press the arrowhead in the upper right hand corner of the screen to get the drop down menu. Select Write Pad to save your edited Pad. Now select the drop down menu again and select Exit From Record.

Enjoy!

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
peterkorg

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Thoraldus! Your assistance is greatly appreciated, not just by me but by many other users too I'm sure!
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterkorg wrote:
Thanks Thoraldus! Your assistance is greatly appreciated, not just by me but by many other users too I'm sure!

The KORG arranger operating system is very powerful, although at times it reminds me of the old PC game 'Colossal Cave Adventure; ... "You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike" ... Wink

cheers!
Rick

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
gerr60

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: secrets of the pa600 Reply with quote

It would be nice if we could devote a page to all the advice regarding the use of the pa600 not mentioned in the manual, which is I find very basic.
I found the same for the tyros, I had to get all my knowledge from forums like this.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: secrets of the pa600 Reply with quote

gerr60 wrote:
It would be nice if we could devote a page to all the advice regarding the use of the pa600 not mentioned in the manual, which is I find very basic.
I found the same for the tyros, I had to get all my knowledge from forums like this.

The info above is in the manual starting at page 61. as I've mentioned elsewhere on these forums, it's a really good idea to read through the manuals cover to cover. I've read the PA600 manuals through at least 3 times. Each time through I find I assimilate a bit more information about how to program the keyboard and where to find controls. Wink

Johann Sebastian Bach

gerr60

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Page 61 in the manual gives details regarding changing the tracks volume,
I se nothing regarding changing pads.
gerr60

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did find in small print on page 50 was,

HINT you can open the pad select window to assign a different sound or pattern to the pads by pressing shift+one of the pads.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerr60 wrote:
Page 61 in the manual gives details regarding changing the tracks volume,
I se nothing regarding changing pads.

At the top left of Page 61 ...

Pad Track Controls: Sound/Expression

In this page you can assign a Sound to the Pad track, adjust its Volume (CC#07) and Expression (CC#11) values, and set various other parameters, like the Keyboard Range, Track Type, Trigger Mode, Tension and Wrap Around.

Sound/Bank

Sound assigned to the Pad track.

Just touch the Sound name where the yellow arrow is pointing to select a new sound source for a pad.

cheers!
Rick

Johann Sebastian Bach

Last edited by Thoraldus on Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gerr60 wrote:
What I did find in small print on page 50 was,

HINT you can open the pad select window to assign a different sound or pattern to the pads by pressing shift+one of the pads.

That is referring to assigning a PAD button (1 thru 4) to a particular pad, not editing the pad itself.

Johann Sebastian Bach

peterkorg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question re assigning different voices to pads......I can now assign the voices, but is there an easy way to raise/ lower octave played by the pad sequence? I see how to transpose, but the octave display on the touchscreen while in pad record mode doesn't seem to respond to touch. Many thanks again.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterkorg wrote:
One more question re assigning different voices to pads......I can now assign the voices, but is there an easy way to raise/ lower octave played by the pad sequence? I see how to transpose, but the octave display on the touchscreen while in pad record mode doesn't seem to respond to touch. Many thanks again.

Try adjusting the Keyboard Range controls. They set the lower and upper limits for your pad.

Johann Sebastian Bach

peterkorg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I actually figured it out. The octave box on the touchscreen is not activated (does not turn blue) when it is touched like with other parameters, but responds to the value wheel and the octave can be easily changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: