Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LED Failure Korg PA2X --- Well done Korg.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter J

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: LED Failure Korg PA2X --- Well done Korg. Reply with quote

Hi All,
Like many, I was unlucky enough to have a led's failure [14 No] on my PA2X Pro back in February 2010 but Korg installed 2 new boards to repair the 2 year-old keyboard free of charge.

Recently, I had a further led failure with led's not working or failing to turn off so I returned the keyboard, now over 5 years old, to Korg UK at Milton Keynes for repair. Korg again replaced the 2 led boards with updated models [as the original boards had a problem which could give rise to led failure].

I delivered my keyboard to Korg Milton Keynes at around mid-day on a Tuesday and it was returned to my house fully repaired some 3 days later on Friday at noon. The work was carried out as a warrantee repair, at no charge !!!

I know that Korg received some criticism originally for the PA2X led problem, but I think that here, the way that they have dealt with my repeat problem on a 5 year-old keyboard is exemplary and excellent public relations and worthy of posting on the Forum.

I would therefore like to publically thank Dean Hudson and Clive at Milton Keynes for their efforts in repairing my keyboard.

Regards,
Peter J

PA2X Pro
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: LED Failure Korg PA2X --- Well done Korg. Reply with quote

Peter J wrote:
Hi All,
Like many, I was unlucky enough to have a led's failure [14 No] on my PA2X Pro back in February 2010 but Korg installed 2 new boards to repair the 2 year-old keyboard free of charge.

Recently, I had a further led failure with led's not working or failing to turn off so I returned the keyboard, now over 5 years old, to Korg UK at Milton Keynes for repair. Korg again replaced the 2 led boards with updated models [as the original boards had a problem which could give rise to led failure].

I delivered my keyboard to Korg Milton Keynes at around mid-day on a Tuesday and it was returned to my house fully repaired some 3 days later on Friday at noon. The work was carried out as a warrantee repair, at no charge !!!

I know that Korg received some criticism originally for the PA2X led problem, but I think that here, the way that they have dealt with my repeat problem on a 5 year-old keyboard is exemplary and excellent public relations and worthy of posting on the Forum.

I would therefore like to publically thank Dean Hudson and Clive at Milton Keynes for their efforts in repairing my keyboard.

Regards,
Peter J

Bravo Korg UK!

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know the part number of the latest modified board?
Or does anyone who knows the modification? I am an electronic engineer, if someone knows what is modified in the new boards, I would appreciate it to share.

BR
Manu
King Korg

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure there is no any difference between boards.Just marketing.
And all Pa2 have problems with leds,not only few of them.
The best solution is to put higher voltage leds (5v or 12v ). I replaced mine with 12v and no problem.
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi King Korg,

many thanks for sharing the info. Could you please let us know the part number of the LEDs that you have used or at least the store from where you bought them. I am located in Germany.

Many thanks again.
BR
Manu
Dejan86g

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I have the same problem, yesterday on my Korg PA2X stop working LED diode on fill button.
Now i only find in shop green LED but it is 12 V
Can i put this 12V green LED on my PA2x ? Will this LED light work ?
Becouse someone told that max can be 5 V, i dont know if this is true?

Thank you,
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure but your LED's have integrated resistores, then it should worth a try. It won't hurt your other electronics. At least I believe so. Please share the results. Good luck.
King Korg

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

manouchehrmail wrote:
Hi King Korg,

many thanks for sharing the info. Could you please let us know the part number of the LEDs that you have used or at least the store from where you bought them. I am located in Germany.

Many thanks again.
BR
Manu

Just go in any shop for electronic spare parts and buy 5v or 12v leds.
Honestly,I don't know exactly if original leds are 3v or not.If they are 3v,then you can replace them with 5v or 12v.If the original are 5v,then use only 12v for replace them.That's why I use direct 12v.They light a little bit less than original,but no more burning.Very important,you have to use the black plastic cap on top,to guide the light straight to the button.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: