Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tine EP1 Early from Nautilus

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuaneAdams

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Tine EP1 Early from Nautilus Reply with quote

Is there any way to get the EP1 Early from the Nautilus adapted to a 1st generation Kronos? If so, are there any other sounds on the Nautilus that are worth transferring over?

Thanks in advance.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that a Nautilus combi or program ?

might helpful if you have a link to it.

I don't believe there is any easy conversion, Nautilus to Kronos, where shiney new PCM/samples are used in Nautilus
KingKronos

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely you can make a Nautilus EP on any Kronos. I have a first gen as well. Is there a video?
tunaman

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’d be a bit surprised if there isn’t something similar already on the Kronos... there’s a ton of good EP programs and the engine is the same.

What is unique about that voice?

You may be able to find one one with a Naut who can share the settings with you, and create a reasonable facsimile on your K1?
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Tine EP1 Early from Nautilus Reply with quote

DuaneAdams wrote:
Is there any way to get the EP1 Early from the Nautilus adapted to a 1st generation Kronos? If so, are there any other sounds on the Nautilus that are worth transferring over?

Thanks in advance.

"EP1 Early" is not the right name. The right name is EP Mark1 Early, Prog Bank A063-A070. It comes from EP1 engine. Since it is not a HD-1 prog, we can be sure it doesn't use one of the new samples. So it should be compatible with Kronos.

But, i did a try with the Natilus Preload.PCG, available on Krg website.
First information : this PCG file is not readable by the Kronos !
Second : PCG Tool is not compatible too. But with the last version, it's ok : http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=800569&sid=afc97e2eea1aa79396988e1d8c0ee487
But there is no bridge between the two windows. Impossible to use Copy/paste function.

So, it seems Korg has done all not to allow Kronos users to load Nautilus Exi sounds !! Cool !!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Tine EP-1 Early" is buried in the EP-1 engine. The sounds from the EP-1 engine were never available as individual samples. The Nautilus can read Kronos data but this does not go in reverse. The OASYS, for example, can't read HD-1 programs created on the Kronos but the Kronos can read OASYS programs. It's a one-way street.

"Tine EP-1 Early" is a new addition to the EP-1 engine and it sounds great. It's my favorite EP-1 sound by far.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2021 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, Nautilus libraries EXs301 thru EXs314 (everything except what's in ROM) are authorized to each Nautilus using the standard Korg code system. In contrast, the original Kronos EXs libraries EXs1 thru EXs9 did not show up in the authorization list. On later Kronos models, libraries like EXs 17, 18, 19 do show up as authorized.

So, as with all libraries from Korg, even if the Kronos could read data from Nautilus EXs files, there would be no way to authorize Nautilus EXs data on the Kronos, i.e. there's no way to authorize on a machine if you don't possess a license/authorization code.

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
BTW, Nautilus libraries EXs301 thru EXs314 (everything except what's in ROM) are authorized to each Nautilus using the standard Korg code system. In contrast, the original Kronos EXs libraries EXs1 thru EXs9 did not show up in the authorization list. On later Kronos models, libraries like EXs 17, 18, 19 do show up as authorized.

So, as with all libraries from Korg, even if the Kronos could read data from Nautilus EXs files, there would be no way to authorize Nautilus EXs data on the Kronos, i.e. there's no way to authorize on a machine if you don't possess a license/authorization code.

Busch.

Yes, of course !!
Anyway, we can't transfer an EXs library from one Kronos to another one. All Kronos' owners know that !!
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
The "Tine EP-1 Early" is buried in the EP-1 engine. The sounds from the EP-1 engine were never available as individual samples. The Nautilus can read Kronos data but this does not go in reverse. The OASYS, for example, can't read HD-1 programs created on the Kronos but the Kronos can read OASYS programs. It's a one-way street.

"Tine EP-1 Early" is a new addition to the EP-1 engine and it sounds great. It's my favorite EP-1 sound by far.

Busch.

It's exactly what I said above !!
And what I also said, is that it's possible to copy all Nautilus Exi - not EXs ! - settings to the Kronos, as it were from Oasys to the Kronos.
But, it must be done manually, for the moment. Until an hypothetic soft utility.
But there is no technical obstacle to this operation.
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2021 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liviou2004 wrote:
burningbusch wrote:

Busch.

It's exactly what I said above !!
And what I also said, is that it's possible to copy all Nautilus Exi - not EXs ! - settings to the Kronos, as it were from Oasys to the Kronos.
But, it must be done manually, for the moment. Until an hypothetic soft utility.
But there is no technical obstacle to this operation.

Dude, chill. I didn't even read your post until now. I was responding to the OP. If I'm responding to you I'll quote you. You did state that it "should be compatible with the Kronos." It is not. The Tine EP-1 Early is a new, additional model type and is not available on the Kronos.

Busch.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
Dude, chill. I didn't even read your post until now. I was responding to the OP. If I'm responding to you I'll quote you. You did state that it "should be compatible with the Kronos." It is not. The Tine EP-1 Early is a new, additional model type and is not available on the Kronos.

Busch.

Yes, you're right, thanks for this information.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the Nautilus is now torpedoing the Kronos ! Very Happy
Incompatibility is always a bad marketing decision : Everyone is diving and
not enough lifebuoys !!!

🌞

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kronoSphere wrote:
the Nautilus is now torpedoing the Kronos ! Very Happy
Incompatibility is always a bad marketing decision : Everyone is diving and
not enough lifebuoys !!!

🌞

It's quite normal since the "Nautilus" is a submarine Smile https://www.pinterest.fr/pin/178173728988757883/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: