Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Performance: Loading style file failed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jackuar

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Performance: Loading style file failed Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm encountering a problem with performance banks on my PA600.

Just about 3 days after buying the KB, many of the default performances defined under the performance section failed to load their style files. When I select a performance (Say: Honky Tonk under Piano section), I get a warning message pop up that says "Warning: Loading style file failed!" and the style corresponding to that performance doesn't get loaded (Which is a Bossa Nova style for honky tonk). The error appeared in many performances across every bank. I did a factory restore back then, re-loaded my user styles and tones and it was running fine.

A second time this happened about two weeks later, during which I upgraded the OS, which in turn basically does a factory restore kinda activity (My purchase came with version 1.00; I downloaded and updated it to 1.10 which went through fine).

Today the same problem came again during this morning church service with the Honky Tonk performance. I couldn't verify if many other performances had this issue again. I haven't done any restore yet.

The style change button is indeed selected. The error, when happened a month back, appeared to come out of nowhere; no specific erroneous selection of buttons/option which I remember doing. Even again today, I was simply working with the voices and styles only. I still haven't made any custom performances saved. I only have the user styles and voices loaded that came as part of my purchase with Indian set.

Any help here please? Much thanks.
Jackuar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:11 pm    Post subject: More observations Reply with quote

Hi All,

I just went back to check other performances. The exact error message is "Warning: Style Select Failed!"

When this issue happened the first time, I had made a list of all default performances that failed to load their style files. Now when I check, it is the very same default performances that are failing again.

Since I remembered what was the corresponding style for the Honky Tonk performace, which is Bossa Nova, I selected bossa nova manually, wrote it as a selection and replaced on top of existing Honky Tonk performance and it works fine; no error message. but other performances still fail. I don't have list of their styles correspondingly. Also, don't know now how long such re-writing performance will work or should I do factory restore everytime.

I'm from India - so I've sent mail to my official dealer Furtados India and also to Korg USA if they would respond.

Meanwhile, any help here is much appreciated.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Re: More observations Reply with quote

Jackuar wrote:
Hi All,

I just went back to check other performances. The exact error message is "Warning: Style Select Failed!"

When this issue happened the first time, I had made a list of all default performances that failed to load their style files. Now when I check, it is the very same default performances that are failing again.

Since I remembered what was the corresponding style for the Honky Tonk performace, which is Bossa Nova, I selected bossa nova manually, wrote it as a selection and replaced on top of existing Honky Tonk performance and it works fine; no error message. but other performances still fail. I don't have list of their styles correspondingly. Also, don't know now how long such re-writing performance will work or should I do factory restore everytime.

I'm from India - so I've sent mail to my official dealer Furtados India and also to Korg USA if they would respond.

Meanwhile, any help here is much appreciated.

Sounds like there is something in the India Set that is messing with your styles. Go to Media > Load and drill down (use Open) through the India Set to see what might be overwriting your styles. Did you Unprotect your Factory Styles before loading the set?

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Jackuar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rick. I was working on the board the past 2 hours or so and just switched it off. Haven't seen your reply. I'll check this out based on your reply again tomorrow.

Couple of questions again in the meantime.

1. How would I know what is messing with my styles just by opening and viewing the set. I'm guessing it will only show me the individual folders as in styles, voices, global and etc. Can I view where the style gets loaded or the more detailed content from within?

2. Should I unprotect my factory styles before loading a user set? I've not done that when I loaded my user set. I expected they're different and independent. I'm not writing over the factory styles - the user styles would go to a separate area, I've thought. Am I wrong?
Jackuar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rick,

I've checked the user set from the media page. As I said, I'm able to view the contents within but not sure how to see what is causing the issue here.

As a final solution, I'm planning to do the following.

1. Do a factory restore
2. Delete the global and performance folders from the indian set.
3. Load the set now.

Anyway, there are no custom performances that I get from the indian set. And global settings are something I can work around and customise to my liking. The styles, sounds and pads are my required ones. I don't know what PCM means, so leaving it intact for now.

Please let know what you think of this approach. But this will be my last option. I'd like to find the cause to avoid this in the future rather that doing a factory restore everytime.
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jackuar wrote:
Hi Rick,

I've checked the user set from the media page. As I said, I'm able to view the contents within but not sure how to see what is causing the issue here.

As a final solution, I'm planning to do the following.

1. Do a factory restore
2. Delete the global and performance folders from the indian set.
3. Load the set now.

Anyway, there are no custom performances that I get from the indian set. And global settings are something I can work around and customise to my liking. The styles, sounds and pads are my required ones. I don't know what PCM means, so leaving it intact for now.

Please let know what you think of this approach. But this will be my last option. I'd like to find the cause to avoid this in the future rather that doing a factory restore everytime.

I think this is a good approach. Be sure to load your India set styles to empty locations in your USER space.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Jackuar

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To update... I've done the same and it works for now, by virtue of being a factory restore.... I think I'll have to look out for any issues quite some number of days / weeks to see if this repeats... Hopefully not...

Thank you Rick once again...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: