Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA900 owner? Advice wanted on storing settings

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
midinotes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: PA900 owner? Advice wanted on storing settings Reply with quote

I wonder if any lucky PA900 owners can help me with a query?

I would like to know if I can use the music database to store entire setups for songs, a bit like how I use registrations on my Yamaha PSR S900. I want to know what gets stored in each song entry, as I would like to be able to call up a midi file, keyboard voices and transpose settings, octave settings, maybe style and appropriate tempo etc. Is this possible?

Is there anything that doesn't get stored? Also say I have 8 songs I want to perform for a session, can I group these together easily as a list of 8 entries in the database?

At the moment I use the 8 registrations on the PSR and then save the bank of registrations with the date I will be playing. So I then just load up the bank and select the appropriate registration in order to perform the song I'm playing. This reg includes any appropriate midi file backing track, keyboard voices and if necessary transpose settings, levels and maybe a split.

Hope someone can verify if I can achieve this on the Pa900 as I cannot do so on the microarranger.

Many thanks
Simon
BillyHank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say the Korg Pa900 does not really have anything that truly resembles the Yamaha registrations.

First off, you are limited to 320 period and you can not load 8 at a time as with Yamaha and the performances do not store near the items as the Yamaha. If you use 8 registrations for a song then you can do the math, 320 / 8 = 40 songs and there is no way to save those performances and load a new set as far as I can find.

So where registrations are really the heart of the Yamaha arrangers, performances are lacking in the Korg.

Bill G
midinotes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill for the quick reply. What about the music database? Is this limited and doesn't it store settings for songs? I'm thinking I could have a set of performances that work with most songs as far as voices and levels are concerned, would the music database then help me in selecting 'set ups' for each song i.e. midifile, performance, transpose, tempo etc?
BillyHank

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The consensus has been that the Korg Music Database is superior to Yamaha, but I have not yet used it and am still exploring the keyboard.

The performances was one of the areas I was very interested in using and I still have a lot more exploring there too to satisfy myself how to totally use the Performances.

Bill G
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi midi notes, the database you are talking about is called the Songbook. You can save all your settings for each song here including 4 STS. The you can create custom playlists including however many songs you wish in whatever order you wish to play them. I then just hit the Songbook Next dedicated button to move effortlessly to the next setup.

Yamaha has nothing like this and it is a big omission on their part.

Last edited by PraiseTheLord on Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:23 am; edited 1 time in total
BillyHank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Graham, you said what I was trying to say so much better and accurate too.

Bill G
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://korgpa2xpro.yolasite.com/s-t-u-v.php
Scroll down to 'Songbook'. It's all there for you, midinotes.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Cow!!!

Thanks for the link to this great site Giner.

Regards,

Bill G
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, Bill. I know he basically writes all his stuff based on the Pa2X, but for newcomers it's worth noting that a lot of it relates to any Pa series board. Have fun!
mercergate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: thank you, very helpful Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
http://korgpa2xpro.yolasite.com/s-t-u-v.php
Scroll down to 'Songbook'. It's all there for you, midinotes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: