Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dskrome Killer Pack from Dan Stesco is available
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Francois
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Dskrome Killer Pack from Dan Stesco is available Reply with quote

Dan Stesco has released his bank for the Krome, priced $69.

Demos and info on his website.

http://www.danstesco.ro/

Kronoscopie, tout sur le Kronos en français

http://www.kronoscopie.fr
flyingace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered it and will try to install tonight!
flyingace

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ordered it and will try to install tonight!
splinters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interested to hear feedback on this before purchasing. Anyone tried it yet?
flyingace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

installed it tonight. It is just exactly what is represented in the videos! the sounds are great, well programmed and easy to install! Some really cool and inspiring stuff there. much more complex programming than I'm capable of, I wish more companies and people would program and sell, i'd buy, just like apps on the iPhone!!
splinters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There didnt seem to be that many sounds in the demo, are there many more in the pack?
flyingace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are 50 programs, 30 combis. it may not seem like much but they are very well thought out with full arps and drums set ups. the velocity layering is well done. some really cool stuff! I think $69 is not much to pay for the amount of programming required for this. I'll pay it b/c I'm a long long way from figureing out how to program sounds and combis
splinters

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a fair price (approx £43) if they are as good and complex as you say. Would rather have 50 red hot sounds than a 1000 off the shelf ones; many of which are just variations on a theme anyway.

I like what I heard, just wondered what else is in there. Do you have a sound/combi list you can share?

EDIT: Sorry, just saw there is a patch list on the site.
Kromeheaven
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a new fan of Dan's work Wink
The only thing I can say...Buy this pack !

The sounds are great and well programmed, Impressed...really.

http://www.korgnautilus.com
http://www.kromeheaven.com
Magna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy ...looking to purchase this...got myself a 16gig sdhc card...is it foolproof actually loading and installing.. .dummys guide if anyone can help please. ...thanks in advance. ...

Thanks Magna
Narada65

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably stupid questions. But I'm new to the keyboard workstation world having just purchased a new Krome 88. I love it so far. I've played piano since 1970 but have spent the vast majority of my life as a performing guitarist and a keyboard hobbyist. Having purchased the Krome looking to expand my soundscapes and back my son with his new progressive metal project, I feel a little overwhelmed with how out of touch I am with the tech end of keyboard / workstations. Rolling Eyes Although I will say, the Krome has a very intuitive user interface face even to a bonehead like me.

Anyway, to the point. I would love to buy and install this collection of additional sounds and combi's. But #1 - how hard is it to install? And #2 - and possible more importantly, will it overwrite the factory sounds? I've only had my Krome 88 for a few weeks now and haven't began to fully explore all the sounds and combis in there so I don't want to overwrite any of the existing sounds or combis with these new additions. Thanks in advance for any advice or help.
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narada65 wrote:
=
#1 - how hard is it to install?
#2 - and possible more importantly, will it overwrite the factory sounds?

Hi!
For installing the pack you need to copy two files on the SD card. Is most easy that you think. As long as the files are on the card and the card is in Krome, the PCM data will be loaded automatically when start the power.
The Extra PCG is located in user field and the factory sounds not will be erase or change.
For any problem everybody has my support.

Regards,
Dan Stesco
Narada65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco wrote:

Hi!
For installing the pack you need to copy two files on the SD card. Is most easy that you think. As long as the files are on the card and the card is in Krome, the PCM data will be loaded automatically when start the power.
The Extra PCG is located in user field and the factory sounds not will be erase or change.
For any problem everybody has my support.

Regards,
Dan Stesco

Thanks so much for the reply. So just to be clear, the files will load automatically from the SD card when the keyboard is booted up and be loaded to the "user fields" automatically, not over any factory programs? Thanks
flyingace

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan is correct about the PCM files loading automatically but you will need to select "media" and "load" the DSKROME.PCG file.

It will only overwrite any "user" files you have in the Combi D and Program F banks. I suggest if you have any presets saved, do a full BACKUP, then go back and add your personal presets in the banks after the DSKROME sets.

There are 50 Programs and 30 Combis (each bank can store 127 patches) so you have plenty of room left after loading Dan's patches.

They are well worth it! I love the Poly Pad & Fernando Dynamic Lead! Bad ass!
Narada65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingace wrote:
Dan is correct about the PCM files loading automatically but you will need to select "media" and "load" the DSKROME.PCG file.

It will only overwrite any "user" files you have in the Combi D and Program F banks. I suggest if you have any presets saved, do a full BACKUP, then go back and add your personal presets in the banks after the DSKROME sets.

There are 50 Programs and 30 Combis (each bank can store 127 patches) so you have plenty of room left after loading Dan's patches.

They are well worth it! I love the Poly Pad & Fernando Dynamic Lead! Bad ass!

Thank you for your input. So far I have not created any of my own user files. So this will automatically right only to user file locations, not factory file locations? Is this the case with any added sound files? Another words, the Krome will never automatically overwrite the factory Krome sets? And once I have user files are you able to select which user file banks you load to to avoid overwriting them too? I'm sorry I'm so stupid about these things. Have a steep learning curve to overcome. I truly appreciate your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: