Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Third Party Program loading problem "Illegal SMF data&a

View previous topic :: View next topic  
robinormer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Third Party Program loading problem "Illegal SMF data&a Reply with quote

"Illegal SMF data" Am I missing some important trick here? I have tried to load some third party programs into my Triton Rack from various sources, namely: legacy.zip, rose3.zip, rose.zip, EH_SNDZ.zip, and PianoSty.zip. Whenever I try to load these programs, the Triton's floppy drive fires up briefly, the display says "Now loading etc." for about half a second, then the message comes up "Illegal SMF data" Note that my Triton will only offer a Multi (from 000 to 199) as the destination and it is impossible to choose anything else.

The procedure I am using is as follows: I download the file to my PC through Firefox. I call up Firefox's downloaded file list, right click on the relevant file and select "send to" and select Floppy. The file copies without a problem. I take the floppy from my PC and load it to the drive in the Triton and press "DISK" The file shows up correctly on the Triton's display. I press "UTILITY", scroll to "Load selected" and press F8 for "OK"

So then, what could be going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

TO ANSWER MY OWN QUESTION!!
Of course!! These files have to be UN-ZIPPED before copying to disc. But that simple instruction does not appear on the Download section. Mind you, I have found un-zipping files to be impossible on my PC that runs Vista, so I have to use my PC that runs XP.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton Rack All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: