Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Convert Yamaha multipad to Korg multipad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

51buick wrote:
Rick,

After selecting the midi to load into the Korg, there's a screen that has
an initialize box & execute button. Do you do anything with these?

And is it just 4 tracks merged or 5 tracks merged. The first track seems
to have some data in it.

Thanks for all the effort you've put in. I sure appreciate it.

Very Happy

I soloed all the tracks to make sure that they all contained notes I wanted in the PAD. The PAD I found has 4 tracks. Rather than merging the tracks, I just tried setting each track to channel 10 then saved the midi as type 0. Worked like a charm.

The user manual suggests turning on the Initialize for the first track you are importing. The Initialize sets all the CVs to null before loading in the current track. Remember, you can have up to 6 unique patterns play back depending on the chord type you play, so you would import a different midi file for each CV (chord variation). You then use EXECUTE to actually import the file. Looks like you can not only have different patterns play per chord type but also different instruments. I need to check that theory out. Wink

PA900 User Manual p157 wrote:
When importing an SMF, parameters like CV Length, Meter, Tempo Changes, Program Changes and Expression are recognized. These parameters will be imported as the header of the Style Element containing the Chord Variation, provided the “Initialize” parameter is checked, or the Style Element is empty.

Hint:It is a good idea to check the “Initialize” parameter when importing the first Chord Variation of a Style Element, and uncheck it when importing the following Chord Variations.

By the way, I found the Yamaha Pad in question at this location ...

http://yamahapsr3000.atw.hu/multipad.html

There are 2450 pads there, I counted them! Wink

ps. But many duplicates.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the Pa900 requires the pad on channel 10 and must have the "Markers" same as required for a style.

I found it easier to just export a Pa900 Pad to MIDI and then load that MIDI into my DAW and use it as a template - works so easy I must surely be doing something wrong. Wink

Bill G
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link to all those great Pads. Very Happy

Best regards,

Bill G
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
Actually, the Pa900 requires the pad on channel 10 and must have the "Markers" same as required for a style.

I found it easier to just export a Pa900 Pad to MIDI and then load that MIDI into my DAW and use it as a template - works so easy I must surely be doing something wrong. Wink

Bill G

That was my first approach too. Wink

I haven't found the markers to be necessary when importing a single CV to a PAD. I'm sure they would be needed to import multiple CV's in a single file. They are definitely needed for Styles.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

That was my thought as well.

The thing with moving Pads from one manufacturer to another is voice identification in order to get the best sounding transition.
Also, many of the Yamaha Pads contain effects settings in them, which are applied via the style settings in the Pa900 - so it is a bit more involved to get a real close transfer.

I am very impressed with this Pa900 and thank Korg for making it so easy to work with.

Bill G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: