Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monotron Delay Not Outputting Correctly - Help!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotron Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AfxTwn

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Monotron Delay Not Outputting Correctly - Help!! Reply with quote

Hi, I've recently started getting a problem with my Monotron Delay not outputting the sound properly. It seems to be a problem with the headphone port rather than any cables. If I put a cable all the way in so it's flush with port, then the sound only comes through one speaker (usually the right speaker) but if I pull the cable out a little bit and give it a waggle then I get sound through both speakers.

Whichever way, the sound is still coming through the Monotron's speaker at the same time. I don't remember it doing this when I first got it. Just wondered if this is a common fault with the Monotron's and if it can be fixed.

I know the Monotron Delay is very inexpensive so I can just buy another but I might just save the money and put it towards a decent guitar delay pedal like a Boss or perhaps even buy a multi effects pedal like the Zoom G3.

Thanks for any help.
Yoa

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this same issue. If you have a soldering iron, just pop open the unit and hold your (hot) iron on the contacts of the output jack for a while. You may have to add some solder, but you should be able to reconnect it fairly easily.

Current electronic equipment: Korg Kaossilator, miniKP, microKORG, nanoKEY, nanoPAD, nanoKONTROL, monotron, Pandora PX5D, AX1000G, M-Audio Keystation 88es, Casio VL Tone, Soundcraft 102 mixer, laptop (which, among other things, has the KORG Legacy Collection and various NI stuffs), Acer Iconia a100 (has many music apps), Stylophone, Yamaha DX7
AfxTwn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I got in contact with Korg and they said that I needed to get in contact with the place where I originally bought it from as it looks like it's developed a fault and may need replacing. Luckily I'd bought it from Amazon and had only had it for just under 6 months, I did a web chat with Amazon support and they said they would send out a replacement Monotron and I sent the faulty one back to them.

I wasn't sure they'd replace it as normally they have a 30-day guarantee but I guess because it's technically an electrical item, they allow longer for returns.

I don't have a soldering iron or any repair tools so it's not something I'd like to take on myself really (even though I'm sure it's very easy and relatively safe).

Anyway, I have a new one now so I'm hoping this lasts a lot longer but I think I'm going to buy a dedicated effects pedal which would be a bit more heavy-duty.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's also a thing about only plugging a stereo jack into the output, never a mono jack.

I'm not suggesting that you did that but just thought i would mention it here for future reference.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotron Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: