Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Make a Joystick Protector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:55 pm    Post subject: How to Make a Joystick Protector Reply with quote

Hi there,

If you are carrying your keyboard around in a soft bag, this might interest you.

Joysticks are designed to flex of course, but are still vulnerable to impact from above.

Made this protector originally to stop the keyboard's joystick denting my lovely new dustcover. Smile But might also be useful for protecting joysticks in soft cases.

The sandpaper block I use is one of those flexible, foam-filled sandpaper blocks you get at £Land or similar thrift stores the world over.

https://imageshack.com/a/wwkq/1

cheers.

Last edited by Happy Jack on Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: How to Make a Joystick Protector Reply with quote

To Moderator,

Hi, could this topic be moved to Korg Arrangers (General) please?
Thank-you.
Stratario

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Idea. It's also useful when you want to flip the keyboard to install memory or do any kind of repair. I have one question. When you place the piece on the keyboard on top of the joystick, is it free to slide around? Or is it somehow fixed to the keyboard so that it won't get knocked around. Thanks.

Amoo Farrokh
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratario wrote:
Nice Idea. It's also useful when you want to flip the keyboard to install memory or do any kind of repair. I have one question. When you place the piece on the keyboard on top of the joystick, is it free to slide around? Or is it somehow fixed to the keyboard so that it won't get knocked around. Thanks.

Amoo Farrokh

Hi there, Amoo Farrokh,

Thanks for your feedback. I made two of these. One is a loose one, should I need to upturn the keyboard. [EDIT} The only occasion I needed to turn my PA900 upside down was when I registered my instrument with Korg, only to find that the serial number was found on the back of the instrument! Smile
In answer to the other part of your question, I used fingernail-sized pieces of double-sided tape to the hold the block in place. {end of EDIT} ... The other block is permanently hot-glued in place underneath my keyboard dust cover.

I don't do gigs, just play for enjoyment at home. But should I need to get a soft gig bag, my sandpaper blocks and duck tape are ready for action.Smile

Since these foam blocks are dense enough to afford some protection to joysticks (and maybe any other knobs), maybe if I were taking my keyboard out in a soft bag, I would glue appropriate shapes to a large piece of cardboard to lay over my keyboard as I bag it up.

The other use of these blocks I found useful is as crash bars (corner protectors), on my keyboard trolley. They are held in place by strips of carpet tiles and screws.

happy regards
Stratario

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have thought of everything. Thanks.

Amoo Farrokh
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stratario wrote:
You have thought of everything. Thanks.

Amoo Farrokh

That's much appreciated, thank-you.

Weird how I can recall verbatim instructions from my woodwork teacher of fifty years ago, but can't recall where I left my spare inhaler!

happy regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: