Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brightening Original Korg PA600 sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
patrickmagongo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:32 am    Post subject: Brightening Original Korg PA600 sounds Reply with quote

I was going through the Korg pa600 reference guide looking for options to brighten the original sounds. I got something under sound edit,the imediate display after clicking sound edit.I got something about the cut off option and the option under cut off which is said to boost cutoff.I couldn't understand clearly how the brightening is done and what the 1,2,3........... numbers mean when you try to use those options. What I got is that the number you put under cut off results to the number in Oscillators.Can someone help me with the option of sound edit relavant to brightening sounds or making the sounds fat, the original ones that came with the keyboard. Also can someone help me with this, does it mean after brightening the lead sound in upper 1 for example mean you have to brighten also the bass track you are using?

Lastly, how do you go about reducing one sound from upper to low without affecting the volumes of the others because acording to my little experience with the keyboard, when I try reducing one sound, the others volumes are affected also.Kindly awaiting your help ladies and gentlemen.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Brightening Original Korg PA600 sounds Reply with quote

patrickmagongo wrote:
I was going through the Korg pa600 reference guide looking for options to brighten the original sounds. I got something under sound edit ..

Helllo,
i do not have a Pa600 - but looking to manual i found sound-Editing is nothing to be learned and done within some minutes and also seems to be difficult with existing manual.
The numbers 1,2,3 ... are numbers of oscillator, as the whole Sound consists between 1 and 24 oscillators, one of them actually is selected to be edited.
To hear or to learn how parameters brighten your sounds you better try EasyEdit (TrackControls Manual Page27 ff), select Upper1 with TrackSelect, choose "SoloTrack" command from PageMenu to avoid listening other tracks during editing. Now try to change filter parameters of Cutoff and Resonance with values between -64 and +63 and listen to notice what it means to FilterCutoff and BoostCutoffFrequency - seems to be better to hear as to help with inadequate description.

If you use different sounds you will hear that brighten sounds does not mean each sound change in same manner, as parameters are depending on frequencies of used sound.
After some trials you can learn to change sounds with filter parameters temporary, or fixed with soundediting or with Midi-Events per controller.
But seems to be usage of your manual would be recommendabel and to try described procedures step by step. So detailled questions could be answered if at least there are some basic skills as necessary.
patrickmagongo wrote:
....when I try reducing one sound, the others volumes are affected also

Why your volumes of all your upper realtime tracks are linked is such a question to be answered easier:

In Menu Mixer/Tuning: Volume/Pan you set volume and pan for each of the Keyboard or Style tracks. Volume settings are the same as in the Volume panel of the main page.
Use the TRACK SELECT button to switch from the Keyboard to the Style tracks, and vice versa.
Here you can find the parameter "Upper Volume Link" and here you define if changing the volume of one of the Upper tracks also proportionally changes the volume of the other Upper tracks (On= When changing the volume of one of the Upper tracks, volume for the other Upper tracks changes in proportion; Off=When changing the volume of one of the Upper tracks, only that track’s volume is changed. Other
Upper tracks are left unchanged) --> Manual Page 19.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
hotkey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Patrick,

without knowing very much about programming you can make upper sounds richer;
- solo sounds (trumpets, saxes, guitars...)
to double sound with same settings in Upp1 & Upp2 under menu - volume, EQ, FX, tune...
and then Upp3 to set volume app 25-35% and octave higher (to add even harmonics, as tube amplifier...)
- Organ, electric pianos, strings - almost the same, but Upp1 and Upp2 slightly detuned,
Upp3 or octave higher or octave lower (cca 100% volume, play with it),
to make voice richer.

Give a feedback if you reached what you wanted,
original sounds in the keyboard are great, and with noted they shall be even greater!

Regards,
patrickmagongo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Thank you Guys Reply with quote

Finally my Korg PA600 is fine and performing my initial expectations, my initial expactations are the yamahas I know.Setting the velocity curve to soft1 and soft 3 also boosted my Korg.Right now I am very happy.Thanks for your advices and responses.They all contributed to the good sounding PA6oo I have.Thank you.
patrickmagongo

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Thank you Guys Reply with quote

Thanks for your ideas and advices.My Korg is now fine and performing above my expectations and more that that, its well featured and I like its technology.Thank you.After taking your advices, I also set the velocity curve to soft 1 and interchangable with soft 3 and its giving me more than I wanted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: