Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volca Bass Keys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hedgemunkees

PostPosted: Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:59 pm    Post subject: Volca Bass Keys Reply with quote

which notes on the Volca Bass do they actually correspond to on a scale? I cannot see on the unit or read in the manual exactly what notes I am playing.
joeyluck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bit confusing as the key colors are inverse of piano keys (not sure why they did it this way)... As if it wasn't hard enough already to look at a groovebox keyboard lol.

So, black piano keys are gold on the Volca Bass and white piano keys are black on the Volca Bass.

Starting from the left:

A ( black: M1 )
A# ( gold: M2 )
B ( black: M3 )
C ( black: M4 )
C# ( gold: M5 )
D ( black: M6 )
D# ( gold: M7 )
E ( black:M8 )
F ( black: 9 )
F# ( gold: 10 )
G ( black: 11 )
G# ( gold: 12 )
A ( black: 13 )
A# ( gold: 14 )
B ( black: 15 )
C ( black: 16 )

Hope that helps!
joeyluck

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:35 am    Post subject: An idea for future versions Reply with quote

Besides not making the key colors inverse...
Now that I'm looking at the touch strip, it seems there is room to have put the corresponding notes (above the numbers). That would have been a good compromise to having inverse key colors.

Maybe either or on future versions...
el_hombre

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, thanks heaps for this! Was just about to google to try and find this information...
I"m thinking of getting one of thes eto have in my bass guitar case for gigs where I don't have enough space or time to set up my MS20 mini as well as my bass rig, or when I have to travel light...
I'm tossing up between getting a Volca Bass or an ipad and the MS20 app, but I'd rather stay analog not to mention I don't like the idea of playing an ipad on stage...
My only quibble was note being able to make sense of the keys from the pictures. I'm pretty sure I can get the VOlca to do pretty much every thing I need it to in a pinch.
dswo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

el_hombre wrote:
I'm tossing up between getting a Volca Bass or an ipad and the MS20 app, but I'd rather stay analog not to mention I don't like the idea of playing an ipad on stage...

I've had the Volca Bass since October and like it a lot. But there are a LOT of fantastic synth apps for the iPad right now, beyond iMS-20. Check out some YouTube videos of Animoog, Nave, and Sunrizer. And if you do get a Bass, you can use the iPad to record and sequence it.
el_hombre

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the tips, I've been getting the feeling that I'm missing out on some pretty sweet software by not having an ipad. Definitely considering it-_-
el_hombre

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally pulled the trigger on one of these on Monday, glad I bumped into this thread again, the key layout still kinda confuses me at first which is probably kinda stupid since I should be able to rationalise it out. I think if they'd gone with black and white I'd have been fine.
Gonna fire it up at practice tonight, looking forward to hearing it through a big amp, though I'm expecting some fudged notes due to not being tha tgreat with the key layout yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: