Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

thumbdrive & SD card selection is sticking.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:31 am    Post subject: thumbdrive & SD card selection is sticking. Reply with quote

Hi there, (probably me, but ...)

When trying to save or load a song from my USB thumb drive or SD card, both these drives are not responding (most of the time, lately), to being selected. Sometimes they show as available drives, but more often they don't show at all. Been tapping my finger all the around the general area of the touchscreen but no go.

What I see is some kind of warning, but too fast for me to read but with the *busy* circular signal, like on a computer.

It began acting up a few days' ago. When it decides to respond, both the thumb drive and SD card are working fine and I'm able to see the size of those drives and details of contents.

Tried formatting the thumb drive, (no change) then plugging in a fresh one, but same erratic response.

Would a first step might be a factory reset?

Cheers for anything useful.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Jack,

Mine does that every once in a while and I just recalibrate the display by going to Global and selecting recalibrate.

Bill G
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
Happy Jack,

Mine does that every once in a while and I just recalibrate the display by going to Global and selecting recalibrate.

Bill G

Hello Bill, and thanks for your response.

Okay, tried that one now, (thanks), - recalibrating the screen via Global (touching the sets of arrows as directed) and no change. Keep getting the 'Please Wait ...' signal, regardless of how long I wait or how many times of trying.

Eventually managed to open the thumb drive after many tries and the Device Information is 3.82 Gbytes, and with the Open - Close - Load tags greyed out. Tried to Format the thumb drive from the Page drop-down Menu, but however carefully I touch the Format button, it then switches to Korg Disk, so I exit.

At the moment, it won't now acknowledge the SD card. Touchscreen operation in general fine (selecting performances, sounds).

{EDIT} Partial success in the meantime, by using a pencil (with the graphite tip removed) to touch the arrow of the extreme left of the Media screen when choosing which device to open. It appears that my chunky finger is too broad a brush for this action.
But the problem of "Please Wait ..." warning persists, regardless of waiting and trying again. {end of EDIT}

{2nd EDIT} Managed to format SD card from the keyboard and have wiped the USB thumb drive on computer and installed 2 MP3 songs and 2 short midi files (type 0 and type 1), made in Band-in-a-Box. I am lowering my sights on this one, forget saving a PA900 song, just would like to load the thumb drive files onto the PA900. Smile

{3rd EDIT} Grrrr! Gnash! What the heck...Korg? I'll 'Korg' ya! And if anybody else says "simples" whilst wearing a Korg tee-shirt....Grrr! Kick, slap, Gercha!... {end of 3rd EDIT}

As you can see, I'm Happy. But would heartily welcome any Idiot Check List on this before phoning Korg UK.

Cheers
BillyHank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried a "Factory Restore" or even a "Full Resource restore" operation?

I would do this before calling Korg because this will likely be their first response to you.

Also, I would first do a "Full Resource Backup" to the SD before anything else.

And just one more thing - have you installed the latest OS V101upgrade?

Bill G
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:

I would do this before calling Korg because this will likely be their first response to you.

Bill G

Many thanks, Bill,

Yes, I installed the OS V101 a couple of weeks ago. Will surely do all those things you suggest - attend to the "Full Resource Backup" before anything else, like you say.

But before that, the PA900 chord sequencer can earn its keep for a few minutes while I enjoy a burst of my banjo. Smile

Cheers
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:

Bill G

Cheers, Bill, it's fixed! Full Resource Backup to SD then Factory Restore as per your suggestion and the OS V101 stayed intact. Now using my little finger to touch those items close to the edge of the screen and that'll do me nicely, ta.

Thanks again
BillyHank

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that worked - now you have a backup too! Laughing

Good on you.

Bill G
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: