Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lets see...6 days and 5 hours left.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
X-Trade

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the blurry images are anything to go by though, I'm pretty sure I see something with 49 keys or so and an angled knobby interface.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I certainly can not tell what it is but I DO know the ISEM that they released for the Ipad last week absolutely rocks!!! I've been having a ball with it. If what ever they are releasing is even half as sweet as the ISEM there will be a lot of happy people.
DrHoo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roblabs wrote:
Personally, I don't care for a scaled down minibrute - I own one already and love it and wouldn't need a smaller version. However, for people who didn't get one, this could be a nice small synth to own. And it will definitely compete with the Volcas (and if you think about it, its the same price as the keys+bass).

Now the next question is will it have midi in/out?

Honestly, if it has an on board sequencer i think it would leave the volcas in the shade. The brute's build quality is really nice (For a modern/new synth) & this looks like it's made from the same stuff.
When this is unveiled in a few days & we get to see it reviewed (Sonicstate have got one, video'd it & are waiting to publish on the day) If it's as good as i imagine it to be, i will be bagging one. I just find this irresistible at this stage, the integration with the minibrute, an expansion of sound & features. And it looks cool (An important factor ! )

Razz
phattbuzz
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Past Instruments of Construction: Hammond A100 w/Leslie 760, Korg R3, Roland AxSynth, Korg Poly61, Korg M1, Univox MaxiKorg, Korg MS2000, (2) Moog Concertmate MG1, (2) Hammond X5, Rhodes Mark I & 2, Farfisa Compact, Yamaha S08, Casio SK1, Strymon Mobius, Custom Bass Pedals, Burns B3 Theremin.
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They used some weird sounds to showcase it. I think I recognize some of Yves Usson's ideas though, probably and hopefully he was involved again!
NuSkoolTone
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some great sounds and could be fun in the studio. Wish some of these companies made live instruments for professionals though! And 61 full size keys for people that actually PLAY. I'm really looking to see who's going to make VSTs TRULY giggable with full compatibility. The muse was a good first try! Though I don't want to use an iPad, I like the idea of putting a tablet in a slot on top of a controller I can interact with and get these big sounds. The problem is the interfaces are all not there yet.
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I on the other hand am beginning to prefer ipad apps to the real thing in many cases. Just seems to be much more versatile and portable and I get to choose which type of keys I prefer to use. If I want even more depth I just place more effects or I can layer more sound using other apps, it works for me.
Johnny Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exclusive review from SonicState! $299 Retail, honestly doesn't sound that bad if you're going for an analogue mono-synth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1feSmaeZ1CY

Software: Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition, Pro Tools 10
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is really impressive. I sure want one!
gjvti

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty impressive. I absolutely love how the step sequencer can be programmed - this is something Korg needs to learn with their programmable arpeggiators and step sequencers Wink
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MicroBrute sounds really great, here's another clip demonstrating what you can do with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: