Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monotribe instead of Volca Bass?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brambos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Monotribe instead of Volca Bass? Reply with quote

The wait for the Volcas is killing me. So while the backorder waiting time at my music shop keeps moving closer to 2014 every week I started looking into the Monotribe.

And while the Monotribe is both slightly more expensive and more limited than the Volca Bass, it appears to have a strange sort of attraction on me.

Anyone has some insights? It seems that for a monosynth the Monotribe has a pretty impressive punchy sound with a top-notch filter. And I totally love the 'basement DIY' look of the unit.

I'd be using it as an acid/bassline loop unit to be sampled on my ESX1 and used in conjunction with the other Monotrons. So the lack of MIDI is not a super big deal for me.
Hugo
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I had written off the Monotribe, and was thrilled when Korg announced the Volca's. However, after my friend gave me an extended demo of the Monotribe, I changed my mind - now I'm getting both the 'Tribe and the Volca's. I was amazed at the range of sounds and sequences my friend was able to tweak out of the little box, far surpassing most of the demoes I've seen on youtube.

I don't think you'd regret buying the Monotribe, but don't take my word for it.
darenager

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think I prefer the sound of the Monotribe for acid, the filter is much better than the Bass filter, squelchier and more oomph!
brambos

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bit the bullet anyhow and ordered one. It should arrive tomorrow.. Yay for that awaiting-a-new-toy-anticipation feeling Very Happy
ILL GREEN

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few videos of monotribe vs. Volca Bass, and its clearly that the monotribe has a warmer analog sound. Monotribe's sound is really organic and you can make it talk. I've managed to make it moan like a woman in climax, its that versatile.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Monotribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: