Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ReName combis in the editor?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
malpaugh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:31 pm    Post subject: ReName combis in the editor? Reply with quote

I've been editing the Kross this week using the software editor but it won't allow me to re name the new combis using the editor. Is that the case? That's an oversight as it's cumbersome to have to go back to the instrument and scroll through the alphabet menu to name the patch. It's a drag. Somebody tell me the editor will do this...please!
studio99

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:28 am    Post subject: re name combis Reply with quote

You do it in the write dialog I believe.
You can choose a new name when you write the new combi
I also struggled with this.
it's true in sequences as well.
Re write to re name
Let me know if you still have troubles and I'll run thru it on mine again
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case I have one or more beta testers trying PCG Tools (see another thread in the Kross section), I hope to release (the free) PCG Tools soon after that.

With PCG Tools you can easy change names of programs/combis (and do lot more things).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Salzbunny

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: renaming design flaw Reply with quote

It IS actually impossible to rename a combi or edited program using the KROSS editor software. The fact that they missed this one is pretty surprising. I mean back in the nineties you had to scroll through the silly alphabet thing on the tiny screen for 5 minutes to rename. I'm all for time travel, but this is just silly.
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently, PCG Tools is supporting the Kross, so changing patch names is piece of a cake (just use your computer keyboard).

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Shutoku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why are there two active threads on this topic???

anyway as I said in the other one:

No you can do it with the editor. I do it frequently.

I'm using a mac but unless it is different on a pc this should work.

1. Go to the combi you want to rename
2. click "function" and select "Write/initialize combi"
3. click in the new name field and type in the "new name" field.
4 VERY important.... you MUST click return before you leave the "new name" field. If you don't, it will go back the old name.
5. Click ok (unless you want to put it in a different place, then choose the location then hit ok)
Salzbunny

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Shutoku, the frickin return button is what made it happen. I forgot that a few GUI's need it. Sorry about the redundant post. I couldn't figure out how to delete it.
Deathryx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize it's a very old topic, but I just ran into the same problem with the Kross 2. What made it editable was a "DOUBLE CLICK" in the name field, which I accidentally discovered hahaha:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: