Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patching questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pugface

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Patching questions Reply with quote

I am new to the MS20. but not new to synths.

I was wondering is it possible to use the modulation wheel to change different characteristics of the sound simultaneously . eg
1. LFO mod of pitch
2. Filter cut-off frequency
3. Volume (VCA)

There seems to be patches around that do one of the above but not all at same time.

I was wondering if a splitter cable could be used at the mod wheel CV to send its signal to two inputs or three may be?
has anybody tried it? or tried using splitter cables in the patch bay in general?
BobTheDog
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely.

You can even buy stackable cables like these http://www.rubadub.co.uk/tiptop-audio-stackcables-90cm-black-eurorack-multi-patch-cabes
el_hombre

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wowzers, this is mindbending!
pugface

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I shall trawl through my old tangled cables and see if I can muster a mono splitter.

Seems the manual never mentions that its possible to send a source to multiple destinations. and yet it opens up the patch bay far more.Smile Smile Smile

not just the controller wheel but...... other possibilities are pink noise being sent to the sample/hold and ESP together as mod and audio.
pugface

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BobTheDog wrote:
Absolutely.

You can even buy stackable cables like these http://www.rubadub.co.uk/tiptop-audio-stackcables-90cm-black-eurorack-multi-patch-cabes

The cables have arrived, have been using them. Very good quality. Work really well.

I must recommend KORG MS20 mini owners to get these cables as it increases the modulation wheels and switch's capabilities. also allows the envelopes to be used in different ways. Surprised that KORG do not supply any with the standard set. But there again there is no mention of using the mod sources in simultaneous ways in the manual.

Thanks BobTheDog
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG MS20 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: