Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos OS Update to 2.10 announced
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Kronos OS Update to 2.10 announced Reply with quote

Heres the email Korg just sent me:

Dear KRONOS user,

We have a bunch of announcements for you today, including new software and new sounds - all for free!
Here's the lineup:
* KRONOS software version 2.1
* KRONOS Editor version 2.1
* Updated factory sounds
* KRS-06 CX-3 Signature Sounds
* KRONOS Sub-System Firmware Version 6.04
More details below!

KRONOS software version 2.1 adds several new features, including a newly improved CX-3 engine plus three new features tailored for live performance: real-time indication of the Rotary Speaker speed in all performance modes, a polyphony-saving option for Timbre/Track Mute, and the ability to assign external MIDI CCs (from a pedal controller, for instance) to a number of special functions. For more information, please see the updated PDF manuals and the onboard Help system.

In addition to these new features, the update includes various improvements and resolutions to specific operational issues. For more information, please see the Release Notes.

We recommend that all KRONOS and KRONOS X users update to version 2.1.0. This update may be installed on any KRONOS, regardless of the currently installed system version; it is not necessary to install intermediate upgrades first.

This new version of the Editor supports (and requires) KRONOS software version 2.1.0, including the new CX-3 features and the Global Mute Mode parameter. It also adds Overview/Page Jump functionality: clicking on most of the graphics on the Program Play Main page, such as filters, LFOs, or envelopes, will jump to the appropriate page of parameters, similar to the KRONOS's Play Page. In addition to these new features, the update includes various improvements and resolutions to specific operational issues.

* Updated factory sounds

To accompany KRONOS software version 2.1, we've released a new version of the factory sounds: PRELOAD_V2.PCG. This includes updated CX-3 Programs in banks I-A and U-C, which take advantage of the new CX-3 features in KRONOS system version 2.1.

* KRS-06: CX-3 Signature Sounds

To celebrate the updated CX-3, we asked some of our favorite organ players to collaborate with us on a new set of sounds. The result is KRS-06: CX-3 Signature Sounds, a bank of 128 EXi Programs which deliver the distinctive timbres of these acclaimed artists and take full advantage of the new CX-3 features.

This update to the KRONOS low-level sub-system improves communication with USB 3.0 ports on Windows computers and improves the startup screen. It also includes various other improvements. Updater applications are provided for Mac OS X and Windows. We recommend that all KRONOS and KRONOS X users perform this update.

All of the above are free for all registered users, and are available for download from http://www.korg.com/kronos/Support in the sections "Operating System" (for the KRONOS updates) and "Software" (for the Editor update).

We hope that you enjoy these additions to the KRONOS as much as we enjoyed creating them!

Best regards,

KORG

=========================================
Please do not reply to this message directly; regretfully, we cannot
respond to email sent to this address. If you have any questions, please
contact your local Korg distributor:
http://www.korg.co.jp/English/Distributors
=========================================
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

* Updated factory sounds
* KRS-06 CX-3 Signature Sounds
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:36 am    Post subject: CX3 lovers are gonna like this Reply with quote

Real-time indication of the Rotary Speaker speed in all performance modes, a polyphony-saving option for Timbre/Track Mute, and the ability to assign external MIDI CCs (from a pedal controller, for instance) to a number of special functions

To celebrate the updated CX-3, we asked some of our favorite organ players to collaborate with us on a new set of sounds. The result is KRS-06: CX-3 Signature Sounds, a bank of 128 EXi Programs which deliver the distinctive timbres of these acclaimed artists and take full advantage of the new CX-3 features.
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got the email - this is great!
Currently downloading - should be updated within the hour.
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:

It's 194mb and everyone on the planet must be downloading it as it is as slow as a snail
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
BillW
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!!! Downloaded already....improved CX-3? A dream come true for me. I think it's going to be a long night. Thank you, Korg. I just bought a 2nd Kronos 2 weeks ago. Smile
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ed_f wrote:

meant to ask I assume JUST the new OS will wipe out my custom combis? I know the new sounds will but I wasn't going to load those yet.
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The live mute parameter will change your life. Easy real time layering and you gain back polyphony when muting.The Kronos is amazing for my live use! Paired with my JP-8000 it is an awesome setup for Jazz/Fusion etc...

Some of my Combis look like:

Piano, EP, Pad, FM EP, Clav, Analog Synth Brass, Brass, Strings, Organ etc... etc... up to 16 ready to go.

It is awesome. Thank you Korg!
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aron wrote:
The live mute parameter will change your life. Easy real time layering and you gain back polyphony when muting.The Kronos is amazing for my live use! Paired with my JP-8000 it is an awesome setup for Jazz/Fusion etc...

Some of my Combis look like:

Piano, EP, Pad, FM EP, Clav, Analog Synth Brass, Brass, Strings, Organ etc... etc... up to 16 ready to go.

It is awesome. Thank you Korg!

You can't elaborate on the live mute can you?
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear the positive comments so far! The release notes look good.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the release:

Quote:
These behaviors are still available when the new Mute Mode parameter is set to Studio. A second setting, Live, provides alternative behaviors designed for use in live performance.
In Live mode, Combination Mute buttons stop the MIDI input to the track; this saves polyphony, and is well-suited to muting and un-muting layered sounds as you play. Similarly, Song Mute buttons control MIDI input from both the sequencer and the keyboard.

aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't tried the CX-3 programs anyone??
shaneblyth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: Heres the new features full list Reply with quote

KRONOS software version 2.1 adds several new features, including a newly improved CX-3 and three new features tailored for live performance: a polyphony-saving option for Timbre/Track Mute, realtime indication of Rotary Speaker speed in all performance modes, and the ability to assign external MIDI CCs (from a pedal controller, for instance) to a number of special functions.
In addition to these new features, the update includes various improvements and resolutions to specific operational issues.
If you’re using an older version, you can download the latest software free of charge from the Korg website (http:// www.korg.com/kronos).
Improved CX-3
We've added a brand-new effects section to the CX-3, with many updates and improvements to the Amp, Rotary Speaker, and Vibrato Chorus, including:
• New amp model with warmer, smoother overdrive and more natural control from the expression pedal
• Three new speaker types, including one based on new measurements of a classic rotary speaker, another inspired by a popular rotary speaker pedal effect, and a third for bright sounds to cut through the mix, each with an option to include some of the direct signal for greater high- and low-frequency extension
• Improved stereo sensation, including revised mic distance control
• Many other improvements to the rotary speaker's timbre and authenticity
• Improved Vibrato/Chorus, more true to the original hardware
A new parameter on the CX-3 Basic page, Amp/VC/Rotary Mode, lets you switch between the old (Classic CX-3) and new (Custom) versions of the effects independently for each CX-3 instance, as desired. For more details, see “4–1c: Amp/ VC/Rotary mode” on page 229 of the Parameter Guide.
To prevent unwanted changes to your data, existing sounds are not automatically updated to use the new effects. For information on converting sounds, see “Changing a Program from Classic CX-3 to Custom” on page 229 of the Parameter Guide. We’ve also provided a revised version of the factory preload Programs, which you can load separately if desired (see “New CX-3 Programs,” below).
With either Classic CX-3 or Custom, you also can now use JSX (pitchbend) like the speaker speed switch on a vintage organ: move it to the left for Chorale (slow) and to the right for Tremolo (fast).
Rotary Speaker speed indicators
If you’re using a Rotary Speaker, either as an effect or in the CX-3, a new graphic at the top of the display shows the current state of the Rotary Speaker (Fast, Slow, or Stop). Note that this is the current state —in other words, what you actually hear—which is a combination of the Speed SW, Mode SW, Rotary On, and Amp Type parameter settings and all associated AMS modulation. The CX-3’s Play page
graphics now show this as well. For more information, see “Rotary Speaker speed indicator” on page 226 of the Parameter Guide.
New CX-3 Programs
We’ve updated the factory preload Programs to take advantage of the new CX-3. To prevent unexpected changes to your data, these new Programs are not loaded automatically. Instead, please download the separate file PRELOAD_V2.PCG and copy it to your KRONOS. You can then load the new sounds just as you would any other PCG file. The original PRELOAD.PCG file remains on your disk as well, so you can re-load it at any time if desired.
Before loading the new sounds, make sure to back up your data to a PCG file on disk; the Save All command is a quick and easy way to do so (see “Saving memory contents to disk” on page 189 of the Operation Guide).
Mute Mode
Version 2.1 gives you a choice as to how the Mute buttons work in Combinations and Songs.
Previously, in Combis the Mute buttons muted the Timbre’s audio output, which is convenient for sound design; in Songs, they stopped only the sequencer’s output to the Track, while leaving the keyboard active.
These behaviors are still available when the new Mute Mode parameter is set to Studio. A second setting, Live, provides alternative behaviors designed for use in live performance.
In Live mode, Combination Mute buttons stop the MIDI input to the Timbre; this saves polyphony, and is well-suited to muting and un-muting layered sounds as you play. Similarly, Song Mute buttons control MIDI input from both the sequencer and the keyboard.
For more information, see “Mute Mode” on page 751 of the Parameter Guide.
Function Assign for External MIDI In
You can now map incoming MIDI controllers to any of the special functions previously available only to the rear-panel foot switch input and SW1/2. This is particularly useful in conjunction with third-party MIDI and USB MIDI foot controllers with multiple built-in switches, each of which can now be mapped to a different function on the KRONOS. For instance, you can have multiple switches assigned to Program Up, Program Down, Octave Up, Octave Down, Tap Tempo, Chord On/Off, Ribbon Lock, etc.—all at the same time.
For more information, see “2–3: Function Assign” on page 777 of the Parameter Guide.
Macbook Air 13"
Mainstage 3
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my first posts was hoping that this live mode parameter would be possible.

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=370572&highlight=#370572

2 years but it is here.
aron
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had something like the live mode for years with my PC361. That's how I layer my sounds - up to 16 parts and I use the mute/unmute on my PC361 to change sounds. It's very liberating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: