Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to play an MP3 song on Player 1?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: How to play an MP3 song on Player 1? Reply with quote

Thanks 4 your help on these things if you can:

1: Would like to play along with a commercial MP3 song that I loaded onto my PA900 hard disk via thumb drive. The loaded MP3 song file shows on the hard disk but am baffled how to make Player 1 play it.

2: As an aid to my visualisation of the PA900 internals: What does the PA 900 internal Hard Disk look like? Is it similar to a SD card or a small laptop hard disk? (Don't fancy unscrewing case to take peek, thanks).

3: What is the difference between powering down to Standby Mode, and switching off at the wall socket? I mean that when, after switching back on from Standby mode, the OS still needs to be reloaded just like switching it on for the first time? Possibly confusing this with Windows 7 Sleep mode?

4. What exactly is the System disk?

Thanks for clarification on any of the above. (RTFM but still confused Smile

happy regards
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HappyJack,

I am a novice on the Korg arrangers so take my comments with a grain of salt.

1. Unlike the Pa3X, the Pa900 does not have an internal hard drive - it refers to DISK, but it is really internal storage memory as far as I know.

2. Not recommended to load MP3's into DISK, but load and use from USB device instead - works better than from internal memory and does not waist user storage space.

3. There is no difference in starting time from unplugged or from sleep mode. I don't know why. Unplugging is only an advantage if you will be leaving town for a couple of weeks or if you have bad electrical storms in your area.

4. System Disk is I believe the storage area for your system settings.

I hope one of our Korg experts can clarify this more for both of us.

Bill G
Happy Jack

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
HappyJack,

I am a novice on the Korg arrangers so take my comments with a grain of salt.

1. Unlike the Pa3X, the Pa900 does not have an internal hard drive - it refers to DISK, but it is really internal storage memory as far as I know.

2. Not recommended to load MP3's into DISK, but load and use from USB device instead - works better than from internal memory and does not waist user storage space.

3. There is no difference in starting time from unplugged or from sleep mode. I don't know why. Unplugging is only an advantage if you will be leaving town for a couple of weeks or if you have bad electrical storms in your area.

4. System Disk is I believe the storage area for your system settings.

I hope one of our Korg experts can clarify this more for both of us.

Bill G

Got it working! Smile Very informative and helpful response, sir, my thanks to ya.

"Whoever you are... {BILL} ...I have always depended on the kindness of strangers."
- Tennessee" Williams -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: