Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello and a few Korg newbie questions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
I'm not sure, but the Songbook probably is the best tool for this.
There you can program 4 STS's with your song (not quite the same as 8 panel memories, but it comes near).
For me this is fine in almost all cases.

But if you like, you can of course make different Songbook entries for different parts of a (complex) song (with different tempo, mute/unmute tracks, even different STS's or style etcetera).
With a footswitch or assignable button you can switch between these different song-parts. (Not as practical/convenient as the registration buttons IMHO).
I don't know a way to change tempo with STS's alone; I think you need different songbook entries for that, or you have to re-progam style variations (I don't know how to do that).

Maybe somebody else knows a better way or give some extra information on this topic?

Frans,

I'm currently trying a different approach to having my favorite registrations (aka performances) available for every style. I've programmed my favorite performances in the 'Synth&FX' section. There I have 5 pages of 8 registrations with fairly instant access. I have them more or less sorted by PIANO/EP - ORGAN - STRINGS - WOODWINDS - BRASS. I just turn off the STS MODE and make my selection from the 'Synth&FX' Performance pages using the LCD touchscreen. Seems to work OK for me.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
Chiplet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Great info from everyone!

Can't find an answer to this in the manual Embarassed so each STS can be programmed with the 3 x upper and 1 x lower voice?

Thanks
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely!
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoraldus wrote:

Frans,

I'm currently trying a different approach to having my favorite registrations (aka performances) available for every style. I've programmed my favorite performances in the 'Synth&FX' section. There I have 5 pages of 8 registrations with fairly instant access. I have them more or less sorted by PIANO/EP - ORGAN - STRINGS - WOODWINDS - BRASS. I just turn off the STS MODE and make my selection from the 'Synth&FX' Performance pages using the LCD touchscreen. Seems to work OK for me.

Hi Rick,

Yes, I use about the same workflow for performances (STS MODE turned off), which is fine for your upper and lower hand voices.
But there is a difference with registrations. In a registration you can also change tempo.
Now I managed to establish this (different tempo in different VARIATIONS of a style); see PA800 section of these forums.
In fact you helped me a lot with that! (Thanks again). So now I can use a style in my favorite bank with different tempo in different VAR.
Then use the songbook to select such a style with a song. And then make different STS's with that style, mute/unmute tracks etc.
Then it comes much closer to a registration bank. And then of course you can do a lot with the pads to flavour the song...

The ability to quick and easily change tempo with a style var really is a great extra feature for me. I'm glad I finally know how to establish that!

Play in style. Wink
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I then name them MySong1, MySong2, MySong3 ... and put them in a playlist. I permanently assign one of the assignable switches to SongBook Next and just hit that switch to take me to the next song. Works as well if not better than Registrations!
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PraiseTheLord wrote:
And I then name them MySong1, MySong2, MySong3 ... and put them in a playlist. I permanently assign one of the assignable switches to SongBook Next and just hit that switch to take me to the next song. Works as well if not better than Registrations!

That is a possible workflow, but sometimes I want to switch tempo IN (THE SAME) SONG, say start tempo 90 in var 4 (busy accomp) and then switch back to a more quiet part in lower tempo (say 80).
I want to be able to go directly to that tempo with one push of a button (with a break for instance).
I programmed my fill and break buttons so that fill 1 moves the variation up, and fill 2 down (or vice versa); my break button in most cases switches the variation back to var 1.
So when I'm jamming in a busy accomp (for instance VAR 3) in tempo 90, I'm now able to push the Break button, and my accomp goes to var 1 in lower tempo (80).
Now I can play the quite part of the song. (When your Single Touch LED flashing, this will even follow your STS-settings. To be honest I don't use that a lot, because I also want full control of the STS's myself).

When I push fill 1, I go up to Var 2 in tempo 90 (or I push fill 1 and immediately var4 button also and go the most busy part of the song).

This gives so much more possibilities 'on the fly' for a dynamic performance.

I don't think I can do that with a foot switch in the same way.
With Registrations I could do so (with 8 buttons... !).

Play in style. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: