Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestions For Future KingKorg Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
reactanceS

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VST! I like tweaking after laying something down. I watched a youtube vid where the Korg rep said they might have one for it later.
reactanceS

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh..ok so a vst might not be necessary. How about no taxes throughout the kingdom for a year?
cl516

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Increase LFO rate to 532hz.

2. Add an extra LFO. (Press LFO button a 3rd time and LED's for both Filter and Pitch will light up.)

3. Add an extra Envelope Generator. (Press EG button a 3rd time and LED's for both Filter and Amp will light up.)

4. Maybe add a step sequencer as a mod source, where the bottom row of 16 knobs (from Mic Level to EG Release) could be used to tweak all 16 steps.

5A. Somehow utilize the two-timbre power of the unit and give us the ability to get serial / parallel filters...

OR

5B. Give us new "filter blocks" that gives us dual filters in various routings.
(Currently, there's only the BP/bypass block)

6. Give us a filter type that permits Filter FM.
Link

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cl516 wrote:
1. Increase LFO rate to 532hz.

2. Add an extra LFO. (Press LFO button a 3rd time and LED's for both Filter and Pitch will light up.)

3. Add an extra Envelope Generator. (Press EG button a 3rd time and LED's for both Filter and Amp will light up.)

4. Maybe add a step sequencer as a mod source, where the bottom row of 16 knobs (from Mic Level to EG Release) could be used to tweak all 16 steps.

5A. Somehow utilize the two-timbre power of the unit and give us the ability to get serial / parallel filters...

OR

5B. Give us new "filter blocks" that gives us dual filters in various routings.
(Currently, there's only the BP/bypass block)

6. Give us a filter type that permits Filter FM.

If this all was there, I would buy it now.

I NEED a 1k€-ish Synth with a step sequencer now, and I don't like how slim my options are!
globethought

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like tap tempo via pedal.
m_pome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:30 pm    Post subject: Help Can't do split on the keyboard Reply with quote

Hi I'm new to have a korg and hang out with several problems.
The biggest problem is that I can not separate piano on two sounds as a string in the bass and piano on the right, fix the split pin but I can never change the synth sounds on the other
Someone who understands the issue and can help me
eisblau

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news regarding an OS update/bug fixes? Especially for the audiorange LFO bug?
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing new at all as far as I can see.

And Korg staff seems to avoid this corner since a while as well, instead of giving us ANY hints about further development.

Perhaps they avoid telling the bad news, that the Kingkorg will be completely left out of further development after minimal initial support. This behavior probably has already had drastic negative consequences for selling units of it, and it could well end up in neverland, completely wasting a very promising basic design for nothing after development. I'm wondering how companies can afford wasting the resources put into such an attractive board like that, instead of getting it well known and more powerful by some support and marketing after release.
black953mj

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to get a bit confused by the expectation that manufacturers keep adding features to a board after release. I know that some do, but it is nothing I expect. I generally buy a board based on what I need, how it fits that need, how it sounds and how it plays. Future development is not anything that really crosses my mind.

I guess even when software is running the synthesis engine I look at a keyboard as a piece of hardware that will stay the way it is the day I buy it.

Of course, if the instrument is defective in a way that does not allow it to deliver on the advertised specs.... or has a flaw that makes it musically deficient then by all means it should be fixed. But I would expect this from any manufacturer, even if it was some sort of EPROM swap.

I think this is a great all around board for a gigging musician that needs to be able to create a vast array of classic - current analog sounds just as it sits today and am glad Korg put it out at a reasonable price (and weight)! Just my two cents. Very Happy
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am as surprised by your view as you seem to be by mine.

Most modern electronic instruments have the typical character of software in development. They hit the market not when they are mature (former hardware had to, because you couldn't change much after release), but as soon as they are something like "well useable". And well useable isn't a bad thing.

But most keep developing the full potential of the original design in some further steps. Even a Minimoog Voyager has received several OS updates, simply because you can't see and develop it all in one go. The Access Virus is famous for half a dozen major OS revisions and dozens of minor enhancements throughout development - and many of them during one hardware revision. I could add many examples, rather having trouble to find exceptions. Roland has just published the first update for the Aira, returning to a better update policy than in several bad years.

Korg devices normally are supported by really useful updates as well, as this is the by far best advertising a modern synth can get. The Kronos received several major updates for good reasons, and this has made the synth a major force among workstations, since the updates relate to real and important musician demands. Even the Microkorg has been steadily developed and earned its excellent reputation among musicians for supplying a fine editor, a rich patch base from Korg and users, and useful hardware development.

I don't know where you got the idea that a modern synth should stay in midst of a development showing it's full power - thus helping both users and company success. But first developing a great basic design and then stopping half way, that doesn't make much sense to me for the present VA market. I buy a Rhodes or hardwired 70s synth "as is", but certainly not a modern VA.

With a modern VA I know I will normally still miss some things in the start, and run into some inconvenient corners in first edition. But that's ok for me as early user, as it can be fixed, and as long as I see development adding at least some useful things. But if it stays like it started, before reaching some maturity, and then is abandoned, this is no good signal to users. Roland did that repeatedly during the last years and got into big trouble losing most of it's well earned reputation of decades.
magikroom

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Updates Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more...If Korg have no faith in their product, then why should others...even compiling a user base of sounds or a soundpack that shows off its abilities, but nothing...not a peep from them. Thank goodness for Patch Morpher.
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KK is a professional, great instrument. It delivers what was promised/written in specs. So far, I haven't found a problem or bug which obstructs me from making music with it. (I will check the 'LFO at audio rates' question, mentioned by Jauly above.)

Of course, KK is not perfect, it could be improved. There are useful hints and wishes in this thread (thanks, guys). If there is a bug then it must be corrected ASAP, period. But I'm not disappointed if there will be no additional features - manufacturers never promise them in advance Wink - because KK is a lovely synth as it is now. And I don't think that the mentioned new features would have a significant effect on my music in practice.
black953mj

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make some good points and I am certainly not saying that updating software to increase functionality is not a good business decision. I'm just suprised that it has gotten to the point that adding additional features down the road,beyond what was originally promised, is expected or a manufacturer is accused of abandoning a product.

Just stating that my expectations are different. If the instrument performs as advertised when I bought it I'm good. If the manufacturer fixes signifigant bugs I'm good as well. If the manufacturer adds some functions (without breaking others) I'm REALLY happily suprised (the good business decision part).

At the end of the day though, if the instrument sounds good, is reliable, and performs as advertised there is nothing that would keep me from buying from them again.

Just a different value proposition for me, not saying that anyone elses is wrong! Very Happy Very Happy
Minimoog Voyager - DSI Prophet 12 - Sequential Prophet 6 - DSI OB-6 - Access Virus Ti2 - Korg Kronos 2 - KingKORG - Novation MiniNova - Roland JU-06 - Roland RD-700GX - Novation Bass Station Rack - EMU Proteus 2000 - Various other old musical gadgets and dodads
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worry, this is not about being right or wrong, and I have no problems with other opinions Wink

I just can express what I as a customer expect from investing significant money into such a synth. And based on what I said above, I DO expect this kind of product to get
a) an editor on Microkorg editor level.
b) some updates bringing the synth to a slightly more mature level.

That does not mean Korg owes me anything after my buy.
It just means that I won't owe them anything either, and our relation cools down a bit. I simply get a customer signal that Korg does NOT, and perhaps also will not in future products, be a reliable partner for expectations which they met in other products and which other companies from which I do buy gear, have met in a from my view fair and encouraging way: Access, Moog and some others.

This is my first negative experience of this kind with a Korg keyboard significantly above 1000€, and you can be sure that my recent attitude of relying mainly on Korg gear will be re-evaluated before my next synth buy after that. I will rather spend more money and check alternatives, than be stuck with a from my view not really supported and matured product.

As I said, it's not about being right or wrong, but about the relations between a company and it's customers. I'm definitely surprised and disappointed by the missing Kingkorg product care.

And I know, that for many keyboarders the product care after release has become a major point for buying decisions, of single instruments, and of whole brand evaluations.
magikroom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Agree Reply with quote

Couldn't have said it better Jim...
Korg Kronos 73, KingKorg, Arp Odyssey, X5DR, Roland System 1m, Juno 6, JX-3P, JX-10, MKS-50, D10, Moog Sub Phatty, Novation Bass Station 2, DSI Prophet 08, Tetra, Analogue Solutions Telemark V2 and Leipzig-S, Nord Lead A1, Dreadbox Erebus, Waldorf Pulse, NI Maschine, Komplete 9 Ultimate, Arturia SparkLe, Beatstep, Spectrasonics Omnisphere U-HE Diva (Best Soft Synth ever) + other Softsynths
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: