Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Volume Level on my new PA900

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motomike1961

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:01 am    Post subject: Volume Level on my new PA900 Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and I am new to the PA900. I am not sure if I have a problem. When I play the keyboard in demo mode, it sounds amazing coming from the internal speakers. The instruments used are loud, clear and very real sounding. Same situation when playing Styles with my left hand.

When I play individual sounds whether it be piano, guitar or anything else, even with the volume knob turned all the way up, it sounds low and with no depth. The grand piano sound on the keyboard sounded as weak and unrealistic as a $200 keyboard and I know it shouldn't be like this.

Is this another volume adjustment or master gain adjustment someone else in the series of menus or could it be an equalizer problem.

I would appreciate any assistance on this. Thanks Mike
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

How about adjusting the Balance knob right next to the master volume control - that sets the balance between the style and the right hand playing.

Bill G
PraiseTheLord

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect Bill has given you the answer, but there are also audio options under Global/Audio & Video/MasterEQ.
motomike1961

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:43 am    Post subject: volume level on my pa900 Reply with quote

Bill, I use that knob when using styles. The volume issue I have is when I just play a sound like grand piano rx across the entire keyboard without any Style running.

It sounds low, somewhat muffled and just lacking depth.

What do I look at in the global settings?

Thanks Mike
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

You want to go to the "Master EQ" settings in Global mode.

But - even tho you are not playing a style, turning the balance knob all the way to Rt will help some.

That said, the Master EQ page is where you will find the most success in tuning your keyboard. There are several settings to chose from, but you can also save your own setting and make it the default.
No way you will want to use anyone else's settings because you want to do this for your environment and system.

I would suggest loading the best MP3 that you have for the type music you play and make some settings while it plays for a good starting point.

You may want to have several saved settings depending on the music, location and external hardware if any.

I always save at least 3 different settings so I can go back and compare between them - your ears can play tricks on you sometimes after too much fiddling with these settings.

The original "Default-01" will always take you back to factory if you do not save a new setting to that name.

Bill G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: