Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KP3 odd behavior

View previous topic :: View next topic  
octopede

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:38 am    Post subject: KP3 odd behavior Reply with quote

My KP3 is misbehaving: when I turn it on, the uppermost left touchpad pixel remains highlighted, and the lights don't follow my finger correctly (the FX, too, seems to not be tracking my finger).

But—here's the twist: if I turn it off for a day or so and restart it, it works fine for about a little bit before going back to being all jacked up. So it's obviously capable of working. I've calibrated the touchscreen (which is only possible when it's been off overnight), and I'm OS 2.0.

Anybody got any ideas? Thanks.
oysteinmoen

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there. This seems to be the problem with my KP3 as well, please take a look at this video.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2908450/KP3/IMG_3284.MOV

Anyone know how if this is fixable? And how do you recalibrate the x/y-pad?
neotechtonics
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

similar thing has happened to mine also.

There is a pad recalibration method but is completely pointless because you have to touch each corner of the pad and if the pad isnt following your touch you cannot touch the other corners.. thanks Korg! Rolling Eyes

I took my KP3 entirely apart and reassembled it making sure that the pad's ribbon cable was firmly attached that seemed to fix the problem temporarily but I've given up on my KP3 because I cannot take the risk of it bugging out when I am using it and need it.

A stuck pad could also be a dent in the protective pad screen.. or dirt inside the pad assembly.

I don't recommend taking it apart unless you've worked on other electronics before and take the utmost care.

I'll pull her out of storage again in future to see if she wants to behave again.

KORG GEAR: EMX1-SM -- EMX1-SD -- KAOSS PAD3 -- MICROKORG -- KAOSSILATOR PRO -- NANOKONTROL1
OTHER GEAR: Roland SP404, MC303 -- Akai MPC-2500 SE -- Zoom R16 -- effects pedals -- DJ-gear -- Access Virus B
oysteinmoen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok

I actually made it. I took it apart, every single piece inside it, and blew all possible dust off with a compressed air blower. I noticed at the actual touch screen, in the very side of the glass (but unreachable from the outside) was a tiny piece of rubbish that probably made the problem.

But you are right, use caution when disassembling the unit, a bit fragile inside there.

Oystein
oysteinmoen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2908450/KP3/kp3%20rep.JPG[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KAOSS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: