Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Keys&Bass Master TUNE/ Fine TUNE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Afrobotic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Keys&Bass Master TUNE/ Fine TUNE Reply with quote

Greets all..
First thank you! to Korg and the designer of the volcas for such great sounding units with even greater price tag (going to be best sellers for years!! Nothing but respect for that!

Now to my dilemma, I like to tune my synths to whatever harmonium I´m working in, be it with other musicians or simply to break away from 440hz to whatever I feel at that moment..but nether the keys nor the bass has fine tune for its OSC's?? without this vital feature these seam like toys for kids... sorry no offense to anyone, but anyone that's heavily into sound; knows this and its a silly omission that hurts the usability of the units..So:

Can Master tune be added to future update (say when you turn the units on and hold shift or something) is there a wishlist somewhere?

2nd how close do the Keys come to be able to fine tune via detune,.. And how does detune work in poly mode? doesn't make sense to detune the OSCs away from each-other in poly mode unless you want false chords as an effect.. So I´m hoping the keys has some ability to brake away from the western standard..

Thx!
cl516

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1 for Master Tune please.
Athlor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is indeed something that could easily be added by adding a sysex.
Afrobotic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man comon Korg ... I love the sound of the volca keys I wanna poly chain two of them ... but I need to be able to tune it to my other OSC´s and whatever harmonium I´m in in each session ... and believe me I don´t stand alone here, did you desig this for preset techno kids only?.. so expand the sales and the target market and make them pro tools (they are so close, the sound is there midi implementation is quite good (on the keys especially), undoubtedly a fantastic release (might even say the arrival of the volcas was a game changer ... honestly Korg a big Bravo followed by a loud WTF! Confused

this is such a vital feature ... is there some hardware limitation that doesn´t allow this to happen, is there no space in the OS left ?? or what .. anyone know why this hasn't happen yet?

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:25 am Post subject:
This is indeed something that could easily be added by adding a sysex.

you mean to access fine tune via editor external of somsort? ... I think it would be essential to do this from the hardware (via some sort of shift+ tune feature) .. direct access to fine tune quite important in most scenarios
brambos

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afrobotic wrote:
did you desig this for preset techno kids only?

No, they designed this for a $150 price point. You want more advanced/obscure features? They have plenty of options for you in a higher price bracket.
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brambos wrote:
Afrobotic wrote:
did you desig this for preset techno kids only?

No, they designed this for a $150 price point. You want more advanced/obscure features? They have plenty of options for you in a higher price bracket.

Smile Smile Smile Use the gear you have to the best of your abilities, if you feel the equipment falls short in its capabilities then its the wrong equipment for you or you just accept that all equipment whatever the cost has its own limitations. To be honest if I owned Korg I wouldn't be spending thousands on updates for what are very cheap and cheerful bits of kit, id be using that money to develop other bits of kit with higher capabilities and for sale at a higher price Smile
dexfx69

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, master tune please - these may be sold off from my studio because I can't change the master tuning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: