Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos joystick replacement video

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kletsivo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Korg Kronos joystick replacement video Reply with quote

Hello everyone! If you're gigin' a lot or if you excessively use your joystick, sooner or later your Kronos will start sounding randomly out of tune and your pitch bending will become problematic. I come across this very often so I made a video showing how to replace your joystick by yourself. Reason is that dealerships take too long (4 days usually) and charge too much so I've been doing small repairs by myself for years now. People just don't seem to understand when you say "I'm in your city just for tonight and I need my keyboard to perform otherwise I ruin a whole show" not to mention getting fired. Anyway. I could go on for hours with my rant... Hope there's others like me out there that will find this useful.
Cheers!

https://youtu.be/MEmGOxzCJuk
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Re: Korg Kronos joystick replacement video Reply with quote

Quote:
I gig heavily all year long and I find myself changing my joystick at least once every month

That's amazing. Hard to believe it is so often. You must be a heck of a player!

The video is great; short and to the point. I didn't realize that it was that simple. Very nice instructions! The slippers were cool, too. Smile

Where do you get your replacement joysticks?
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What on earth are you doing to your joysticks?!
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
cloydmello

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great video mate... Where did you buy the replacement joystick from? Could you please tell us...

Cheers!!!

Wishing for MODX7 + Nautilus 73
Kletsivo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys! I'm so glad you found it useful.

My bad with "once a month". I meant to write once every few months. Usually around six months. I do "six nights a week" gigs for long periods (up to a year most times) and I guess I'm rather rough with my joystick and keybed. I like to keep my instruments unscratched and clean in top notch condition for decades but when it comes to playing them I think I'm a rocker Smile

I buy my joysticks either from a Korg dealership (not all of them sell parts though) or online from places like syntaur.com

Btw, since I got a lot of positive feedback I'll try to make more similar videos. There's a couple of things I've learned over the years by living with the Kronos and I'd love to share them.

I'm also planning to share my gig experiences at some point by making some vlog style videos but that's gonna take a while.

Thanks again guys. Your comments made my day.

P.S. I love slippers. They keep my feet warm, comfortable and clean Very Happy
jamesfinn82

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice video. Helped me replace my joystick on the Kronos. But I'm still getting the same problem with the pitch bend "glitch". Even after doing a Full Factory Restore using the 3 discs. Strange
Kletsivo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesfinn82 wrote:
Nice video. Helped me replace my joystick on the Kronos. But I'm still getting the same problem with the pitch bend "glitch". Even after doing a Full Factory Restore using the 3 discs. Strange

Could be a faulty cable or ribbon controller. I doubt it's a software problem. Make sure the joystick and ribbon cables are OK. Best of luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: