Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KORG RK-100S-RD SYNTH Keytar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Akos Janca
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if an accordion is playable with similar size keys then this will work on the keytar, too. We have to try ourselves.

I like the Sonic State video, thanks for that. I guess there is an alternate switch (see at 2:07) labelled as "SOUND", it looks similar to the microKorg XL's BANK SELECT toggle switch - then it's easy to select between 2 programs quickly.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the success of this item is going to depend on its price - Alesis have just released a full key size, wireless keytar for $199 !
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Precise and fast pitchbending with a ribbon is no fun.
And for my taste this thing definitely doesn't look cool either, kind of 80s in a really bad edgy way.

But different folks, different strokes... Wink
csteen
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different strokes for different folks, I am fairly sure that KORG has a fair idea of what they are doing as usual. The market they are targeting will no doubt love this and the ones they knew they would not please will simply make a different choice as KORG expected no doubt. I am glad to see a company like KORG be so broad in who they appeal to. I do not need or want everything they produce but we all love some of what they make and that is a win for everyone I think we can all agree.
Kevin Nolan
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The video on Sonicstate is interesting. It has two ribbon controllers - the keyboard length one is very intriguing. It also has a microKorg based interal VA (with editor for computer). So very well spec'er.

But - $699! too expensive for a key tar for my liking. And actually, it's not really just a keytar - it's a synth too.

It'd be nice to see a keytar only controller version of this for half the price.
Jan1
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compare KORG's new keytar with Alesis' Vortex with full-size keys priced at just below $200. You can get 3.5 Vortexes for the price of one RK100.
I don't want to put KORG down and I know the RK100 has an onboard VA, but still...
jimknopf
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, plus the Alesis has a pitch wheel for more precise bending.
Kontrol49
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as as Keytars go,I'd like to see someone make an actual synth interface like the Moog liberation,rather than having to rely on editors.

I know weights obviously a factor here,but in today's processors there not going to have as many components as a liberation,the nord leads only weigh a few Kgs and the vast majority of weight of those is the metal chassis,so a plastic Keytar isn't going to be uncomfortable with a few more circuit boards built into it

I adore the Roland AX synth but hate having to rely on the bloody editor to make my own sounds,I'd welcome a decent VA interface on a keytar,if this Korg device is based on the engine of the MK why not have a multi function per Knob interface like the MK has,at least give us some knobs for editing some functions.

I loathe all this connectivity to computers to get the best out of the hardware why does every manufacturer build hardware for computer use,there are those of us who buy hardware for the simple reason of not wanting to arse around with software,if it comes in at a premium for the extra hardware interface I don't mind paying,it's kind of like them saying "in order to keep it cheap you need to use a Computer to edit it"
MartyMart

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, would be nice to have an "edit" panel that closes under a little lid
a bit like the one on the old CS80 !

So when you run around, no knocking sliders or knobs !!

MM.
AAS/NI Komplete ultimate/ToonTrack/Slate Digital.
Success is one's ability to go from one failure to another, with no loss of enthusiasm.
Rockitman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:10 pm    Post subject: RK-100's Reply with quote

I disagree that it is too expensive, I guess the microkorg XL+ is too expensive then at $499... I had the Original RK-100, boy was that heavy, I loved it back then because it looked way better than putting a strap on a Poly-800. It had no velocity, so I eventually sold it when I got the Roland Axis. I wanted a MicroKorg XL+, but went with a MiniNova instead. Now I can get my MicroKorg. While I think that knobs are great, in the end you want to have your programming down before you perform anyway. I'm going to get one, It'll be fun especially since I was Rockin the original 30 years ago. Rock On !
Rockitman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: headset Reply with quote

Hmmm I have a Radias-R that came with a headset mic.
I wonder if that would work with the new RK-100s...
Rockitman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:48 pm    Post subject: Alesis Keytar Reply with quote

I have the Alesis vortex, I got one at a good price $150, when they just lowered the price. (Now we know why) It's not the wireless one of course, and it's good. The accelerometer is interesting and fun. However, the keyboards response is a bit sluggish, and I prefer the Roland AX-1 action. So unless Alesis has put a better keyboard in the new vortex, I would not get the new one instead. I will probably sell the one I have for that reason...
Miko Montgomery

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:23 pm    Post subject: RK100s Key Size Reply with quote

Just got my unit. Yes, the keys are noticeably smaller. But the good news is that the action is awesome. It's one of the best feeling keyboards I've ever played. Talk of key size often omits the all important aspect of "action".
How often have we played full sized keys which felt like crap? Plenty of times.
Korg actually found the perfect size keys for a keytar. And that's what makes the instrument nice and compact. It's perfect.

What isn't perfect is the inaccuracy of the short ribbon for pitch bending.
It's absolutely TERRIBLE. Hopefully it's possible to do some adjusting in the sound editor. If not, I'm in trouble.
rocklander

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:22 am    Post subject: DC plug - right angle Reply with quote

I'm looking for a right angle plug for the DC socket on a Korg RK100s
can anyone at least tell me the plug size?

I've purchased some from a few places online, but none seem to fit perfectly the way the proper korg PSU I have does, but the KORG one sticks out the bottom and is at risk of putting undue pressure on the socket when I have the keytar on a stand

a right angled plug would eliminate that.. plus the PSU lead is nowhere near long enough to use on stage.

I'd really I need the outer AND inner dimensions if possible... thanks
Rockitman

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Radio Shack Reply with quote

Not sure if you are in the states (US). But Radio Shack makes DC adapters.
You can match up the 90 degree dc connector, and the proper power supply.
Just a thought. I've had to go that route when I bought something without the power supply.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: