Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Identifying a preset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
djantimatter

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Identifying a preset Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been attempting to identify a sound which I've been told originated from a Korg synth

Example A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMkWqggLvc

Skip to 0:21 and you can hear it echoing the vocals:

Example B:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDYS-B7UHY&list=PLD9SoyNbP33X4XRCpKJHmhzrMIfUf8g6q

Starts right at the beginning.

I saw the band from example A live recently and he was playing it from a from a microKorg, I went through the Radias MicroKorg bank and couldn't find it though. Does anyone know which soundbank it might be in?

Last edited by djantimatter on Mon May 05, 2014 8:02 am; edited 1 time in total
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Identifying a preset Reply with quote

djantimatter wrote:
Hi,

I've been attempting to identify a sound which I've been told originated from a Korg synth

Example A:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyMkWqggLvc

Skip to 0:21 and you can hear it echoing the vocals:

Example B:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDDYS-B7U…JHmhzrMIfUf8g6q

Starts right at the beginning.

I saw the band from example A live recently and he was playing it from a from a microKorg, I went through the Radias MicroKorg bank and couldn't find it though. Does anyone know which soundbank it might be in?

What makes you assume its a pre-set?
OpAmp
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Link B is broken...

I found another video from the band of example A (Legend) performing live the title track of the Fearless release (from which Amazon War of video A is taken).
You can clearly see at +/- 0:16 the keyboard player uses a KorgR3, but only the MIDI IN and OUT are connected to ... a laptop. No audio cables. At least in that setup, he is using the R3 as controller only for triggering soft synths and not the sounds of the R3 engine at all... Confused

Here is the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fka0Zk9VVwo

(Unless you've seen it otherwise...)
analoguekid

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the backing sound and some of the drums are coming from the laptop, probably some DAW playing it Smile The singer is obviously singing it all live, the keyboard player is playing something from a VST and the drummer is playing along to a drum track. Its all miked up and most probably being recorded to separate tracks and a stereo track in the DAW for syncing to the video in final production. Nice song though but I don't think it would sound as clean as this in that lobby Wink
djantimatter

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link B is fixed.

Anyhow, to me in both examples it sounds like the same base sound but perhaps tweaked slightly different in each version.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg RADIAS / R3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: