Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PCG Tools for Korg MS2000 & microKorg
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:37 am    Post subject: PCG Tools for Korg MS2000 & microKorg Reply with quote

Maybe some of you heard of PCG Tools ... it is a free librarian (and more) application for Korg synthesizers. You can read more information about it at: http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

I'm checking the interest to support other synths and the the synth of this thread comes into my mind.

So my question is: Would you be interested in this application supporting your synth?

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Vort3x

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes!
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for replying ... in the (next) future I will check where to start on first with.

Developer of the free PCG file managing application for most Korg workstations: PCG Tools, see https://www.kronoshaven.com/pcgtools/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
X-Trade

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the original microKorg at least has a full library format for it's editor. Only an individual program file (.PRG?)

afaik software is available for all platforms.

As for the microKorg XL/+, it's related to the Radias and R3 so has the same/similar format and editors.
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
I don't think the original microKorg at least has a full library format for it's editor. Only an individual program file (.PRG?)

afaik software is available for all platforms.

As for the microKorg XL/+, it's related to the Radias and R3 so has the same/similar format and editors.

I think it is partly true. For the microKorg I have soem separate syx files containign probably one program, but also multiple programs. Also I found a LSO file. No clue what program should be used with that.

Also I find the .PRG files you speak of.

For the microKorg XL I found some .mkxl_all files (also not clear what program should be used for that).

However, the radias/R3 uses .rdl/.rdp/.r3p etc files.

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Looking for betatester(s) Reply with quote

Yesterday I worked a little at microKorg's (XL (Plus)) .xkmk_all format and I managed to read those files in PCG Tools ... since the microKorg does not have combis, the usage is not as much as with PCG files, but still might be useful. In the next week I'm going to fix some side issues. If anyone has a microKorg and like to test (in a few weeks or earlier), please let me know.

I have to solve some issues, but after that I hope that the following will be possible:
- reading .xkmk_all files
- reading (most) sysex files

When opening these files:
- copying programs from one file to another
- generate patch lists of all or a selected filtered list of programs in various formats (ascii, table, XML, excel).
- generate a list showing the used programsin various formats (ascii, table, XML, excel)
- moving programs up/down
- changing the name of programs
- cleaning programs (i.e. make them empty)
- automatically move used programs up and unused down
- sort programs in different ways.

X-Trade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for betatester(s) Reply with quote

michelkeijzers wrote:
Yesterday I worked a little at microKorg's (XL (Plus)) .xkmk_all format and I managed to read those files in PCG Tools ... since the microKorg does not have combis, the usage is not as much as with PCG files, but still might be useful. In the next week I'm going to fix some side issues. If anyone has a microKorg and like to test (in a few weeks or earlier), please let me know.

I have to solve some issues, but after that I hope that the following will be possible:

- generate patch lists of all or a selected filtered list of programs in various formats (ascii, table, XML, excel).
- generate a list showing the used programsin various formats (ascii, table, XML, excel)

That sounds promising. You should be able to operate on .rdl and .r3l files too then!
Software: NI Komplete 10 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, Ableton Live 9. Apple OSX El Capitan on 15" MacBook Pro
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for betatester(s) Reply with quote

X-Trade wrote:
michelkeijzers wrote:

That sounds promising. You should be able to operate on .rdl and .r3l files too then!

If I can find out the structure: yes.

Sparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michel: I'd go for PCG Tools for the MS2000. The only other editor I know of is PatchBuddy which does the job but is somewhat dated.

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparker, thanks for your message.

Note that PCG Tools is not a real editor, but more a librarian... but I am sure they can be used together.

Sparker

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just me being lax with my terminology ... Patchbuddy is a librarian program too ...

Line 6 Flextone XL / Line 6 POD XT / Roland V Bass / Ampeg Portabass & Cab / Assorted Guitars (no whammy bar) ... and a Fender Champ ...
michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparker wrote:
That's just me being lax with my terminology ... Patchbuddy is a librarian program too ...

In that case I'm sure PCG Tools can help ... this week (and possibly next weeks too) I will be busy with microKorg, but since MS2000 has a similar format it might be the best to do that next.

But I also got some requests for Korg M1, Electribe, Radias, R3, 01W, ...

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worked the last weeks to add support for microKorg XL files to the free windows application PCG Tools (http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl) ... but I only can find one syx (MIDI system exclusive) file for the microKorg ... can someone please show me some archive where to find such files (containing programs)? Thanks!

michelkeijzers
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:58 pm    Post subject: PCG Tools 2.0.0 for microKorg (XL/Plus) and MS2000 Reply with quote

Hello all.

From now on PCG Tools supports also microKORG, microKORG XL, microKORG XL Plus and MS2000. Despite its name it is now also reading in almost all formats for these synths. Now you can manage your program in an easy way.

PCG Tools 2.0.0 is released. You can download the application for free as usual at http://pcgtools.mkspace.nl.

What is new?

Virtual banks for the Korg Kronos and the MS2000 (see the Virtual Bank files to be downloaded on the website). With these files, you can store 50 program and 50 combi banks, so you can keep all your patches together in one location. Of course you cannot use them directly on your synthesizer, however you can copy from/to that file like a big storage box. And if you need more than one file, just fill another Virtual Banks file.

PCG Tools does not support only PCG files anymore. For the Korg MS2000, microSTATION, microKORG, microKORG XL and microKORG XL Plus a variety of files can be loaded and managed.

Also Greek language has been added thanks to Dadanos.

Besides that the Set List Generator has been rearranged so it looks better (I hope).

Last but not least a lot of small improvements and bug fixes.

Kind regards,

Michel, developer of PCG Tools

See below the complete list:

Code:

2.0.0      22-Mar-2014  Support : Added support for Korg microStation PCG files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG .syx files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL .mkxl_all files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL Plus .mkxlp_all files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg microKORG XL Plus .mkxlp_prog files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .syx files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .syx with mkP0 chunks files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .MID files with sysex info.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .bnk files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .LIB files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .exl files.
                        Support : Added support for Korg MS2000 .prg files.
                        Language: Greek language added, thanks to Dadanos.
                        Language: Improved several texts in various languages thanks to translators.
                        Feature : Virtual program and combi banks added (Kronos only for now).
                        Improv  : Set list generator windows has been resizable and rearranged.
                        Improv  : Hide set list generator widgets when unsupported by workstation model.
                        Improv  : The file content list does not enable wave seq/drum kit options anymore.
                        Improv  : Items unsupported/useful in list generator are hidden/shown automatically.
                        Improv  : Patch lists for text/XML without sub categories look nicer.
                        Improv  : Patch lists for text/XML without set list slots look nicer.
                        Improv  : Kronos 2.0 PCG files displayed as 2.x (because of OS version 2.1).
                        Improv  : Widened FileContent list to accomodate all column texts.
                        Improv  : Save As dialog shows the correct extention type.
                        Improv  : Prevent selecting another file format in Save As dialog.
                        Improv  : (Some) resizable windows show an icon when resizable.     
                        Improv  : Remember tab index of the Settings window.
                        BugFix  : Enabling of Settings functionality corrected.
                        BugFix  : Status bar shows number of programs in clipboard correct during pasting.               
                        BugFix  : Prevented crash when generating certain lists for initialized PCG files.
                        BugFix  : Master files fixed for Korg Trinity.
                        BugFix  : Use correct combi sub categories.
                        BugFix  : Fixed an issue in the text filter settings of the set list generator.
                        ExtLinks: Added link to Sounds of Planet.
                        ExtLinks: Added link to MIDI-OX.
                        ExtLinks: Removed unused/obsolete links.

Steinberger

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MS2000BR. Great tool. I was able to use it to generate a .csv of some .syx files. I've collected quite a few with many duplicate patches within. Was able to import them into a database, run a query to spit out unique patches not present in the other file(s), then switched back to PCG Tools to make my "lost patches" collection.

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: