Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Strange problem with Disk View 'stuck' in program bank view

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timg11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:53 pm    Post subject: Strange problem with Disk View 'stuck' in program bank view Reply with quote

I browsed down into a PCG file to audition some sounds without loading the bank. After I was done, I used the Up button to return to the folder where the banks were stored. The path display at the top of the screen changed, and moved up a level, but the view below did not refresh. It remained on the programs in the PCG bank I was viewing.

I clicked Up until the path was at the file system root (/), but the main display was stuck on the programs in the bank. I clicked between the load and save tabs, and the Audio CD tab, but whenever I returned to any file system view, it showed the program bank contents.

Finally I inserted a USB drive and used Drive Select to view it. It viewed correctly, and when I returned to HDD-Internal, it was back to normal.

Has anybody else seen this? It is new to me. Perhaps related to 2.1?
ed_f
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Strange problem with Disk View 'stuck' in program bank v Reply with quote

timg11 wrote:
I browsed down into a PCG file to audition some sounds without loading the bank. After I was done, I used the Up button to return to the folder where the banks were stored. The path display at the top of the screen changed, and moved up a level, but the view below did not refresh. It remained on the programs in the PCG bank I was viewing.

I clicked Up until the path was at the file system root (/), but the main display was stuck on the programs in the bank. I clicked between the load and save tabs, and the Audio CD tab, but whenever I returned to any file system view, it showed the program bank contents.

Finally I inserted a USB drive and used Drive Select to view it. It viewed correctly, and when I returned to HDD-Internal, it was back to normal.

Has anybody else seen this? It is new to me. Perhaps related to 2.1?

Never had that happen to me.
ronnfigg
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many times have you been able to repeat this condition?
soundspossible

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had experienced a similar problem in disk mode that was seemingly caused by uploading some files to the SSD that the Kronos OS couldn't recognize. See this post: http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=564530 -- Not sure if you're experiencing the same exact issue, but perhaps this will help.
timg11

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have figured out why this happens. I was working with the Kronos UI and also had an FTP session open to copy in and out files to audition. On the Kronos I was viewing the programs inside a PCG file, and from the FTP session, I moved that PCG file to another place (from the "to be auditioned" folder to the "completed" folder). If I move the file while the Kronos UI still was viewing the programs inside the PCG, the problem occurs.

Granted, it was probably not expected to have the file moved. In an ideal world the Kronos display would simply return to showing the folder that was last used, rather than getting "stuck" on the contents of the file that is not there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: