Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Zero 8 - still worth buying ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monoaural

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 1:45 pm    Post subject: Korg Zero 8 - still worth buying ? Reply with quote

Hello to all,

i recently felt in love with the Korg Zero 8 and really considering to get one. I know that they are discontinued, but i might find a shop having some in stock or i just get a used one. I´m actually not to bad in soldering.

So, what i like about the mixer:

- 8 channel mixer with integrated sound card.
- various routing possibility
- midi mapping possibility
- i love the space between the knobs, nice for tweaking.

What i don´t like.

- no Korg support (firmware updates etc.) due to the mixer is discontinued
- i heard a lot of people reporting various issues (overheating, kaos pad issue). Some people even said, this was the reason for discontinuing this nice mixer. On the other Hand as always, People having Issues posting their stuff in forums, all happy users don´t.

I have firewire 800 port on my MBP. So i think a FW400 to FW800 cable should to the trick, right?!

MacBook Pro i7, osx 10.9

Altnernative for me would be Allen & Heath Xone 4D or Denon DN-X1700

Would you guys (re-)buy one in 2014?

Let my know what you think guys.

Thanks.
Damian Ryse

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg Zero 8 - still worth buying ? Reply with quote

monoaural wrote:

Would you guys (re-)buy one in 2014?

No, i wouldn't. Worst mixer I ever buyed. I have always issues with the internal audio interface. The mixer fucks around while I am in a live radio show. It produces loud noises on all channels and mixing up the digital channels. For example, channel 8 is seperated on channel 5 and 6.
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=72806
dvelop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: I think its still great. Reply with quote

I personally think this is the best mixer I've ever used.. It has everything.. Midi, audio interface, fx, a ton of channels, traktor certification for digital djing...

The only issue I have ever had with mine is the lcd y parameter stopping working occasionally.

I wish Korg would have built it in Japan and used better knobs and faders, but other than that this is a dream mixer..
monoaural

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you guys for your help.
monoaural

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the chance to play around with an Zero 8. Connected it to my MacBook Pro under OSX 10.9 together with LIVE 9 /64bit and everything worked flawless. Had no issues at all. One thing i noticed though, is that the channel stripes where "bleeding" thru. So even if the fader was completely down, i could here the signal coming thru the master out (neither A nor B was assigned). Only when i assigned that channel stripe to A or B I was able to crossfade that signal completely out.

Btw, is that normal?

Overall it was super fun. I decided to get one. Now, finally, the big question.

A) getting a used one, in mint conditions, i tested it and everything works, no warranty left anymore though, for 600€?
or
B) getting a brand new one, comes with 3 years warranty, for 840€ including shipping, taxes etc.?

Thanks again for your thoughts in advance.
threearabs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't. They will break just when your in the zone. You will love it and then it will be dead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Digital Recording and Mixing All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: