Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disable Velocity Sensitivity???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orthodox_caveman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:44 am    Post subject: Disable Velocity Sensitivity??? Reply with quote

Hello Everyone,

I recently purchased my first synth (Korg XL) and am learning how to play and use the synth. I am currently recording the Synth into Ableton 9 using an "Apogee Duet 2"

The recording quality is very good, however, the Duet seems to be picking up on the sensitivity with which I press the keys on the Korg.

I plan to use the recorded synth as audio tracks for some electronic music and am finding that I am getting inconsistent volume levels.

This may be the wrong way to look at this issue but I wonder if there is a way to disable the "velocity sensitivity" and make it so that no matter how hard I press the keys of the Korg, it gives me the same consistent sound.

Anyone know of a way to disable the key sensitivity or know of a way to achieve consistent sound from the Korg another way?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under the Global parameters there's a velocity curve value that can be set to Const 127.
orthodox_caveman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xmlguy wrote:
Under the Global parameters there's a velocity curve value that can be set to Const 127.

Thanks for the info. I have a question about accessing Global Parameters...This is my first synth and I've only really used it for about a day or two.

Is this a setting you can access through the "Assign" knobs on the right of the synth?
xmlguy
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's all described in the manual, so I suggest downloading it and reading it, since it will save you a lot of time. You'll probably learn things you weren't specifically looking for in the process. But the best thing is to download the latest editor librarian software to explore the synth. It takes like 15 seconds to change any global setting using the software. The editor really opens up the whole inner workings of the synth in a manner that you don't get by using the knobs and LCD on it. After using the editor to learn everything it can do, then you can use the knobs and LCD to make changes the hard way, for when you need to make changes live without a computer. I recommend this approach for all of Korg's synths that have editor software because it really accelerates the learning process.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: