Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg microSTATION and Reaper... more issues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGrimes28

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:50 pm    Post subject: Korg microSTATION and Reaper... more issues Reply with quote

Ok, I'm new to this forum because I recently purchased a Korg Microstation within the last month and am having some issues trying to connect it to my computer via usb. I would like to create/edit songs in my DAW using the MS through the VSTi.

What I'm working with:

Computer - Mac
DAW - Reaper
Interface - Digidesign Mbox

After loading the MS Editor, Midi driver, and external setup from the disc that came with the Microstation, I am able to open the stand-alone editor and tweak the sounds on the MS no problem via usb. However, when I open Reaper, it says there is no audio device connected when in fact I have both my Mbox interface and MS connected to my computer via usb. Basically, I just want to use the Microstation in Reaper!

Also, since you are only allowed to use the MS VSTi on one track only, how can you record/create/edit songs with everything on one track? How would I be able to add other instruments after I recorded let's say a drum track, wouldn't it be a big cluttery mess with all of the instruments on one track? Can I record over a drum track and hear it as I'm recording?

I know there are a bunch of posts regarding the Microstation and Reaper and various other DAWs but I'm still very confused. Any help on the matter would be greatly appreciated! Thanks guys

http://youngadultband.bandcamp.com/
bradkorg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a mS VST editor only not intergrated sound instrument!

microSTATION is a MIDI device!
You will need to set th DAW: MIDI INPUT DEVICE> microSTATION, that way mS becomes a midi keyboard controller.
You will need to set the DAW: MIDI OUTPUT DEVICE> microSTATION, that way you use mS as a standard external 16 channel midi soundmodule! instead of the PC built-in MIDI software device!

Sounds will come out from mS Line out/Phone out only or you can connect the mS output to PC interface audio in and create in DAW Audio IN Recorder/Sampler stereo track to have mS sounds coming through the PC/DAW speakers.

You will have to create in DAW 16 separate tracks with each own assigned GM midi channels as needed.
The one mS VST editor channel is for editing or assigned as extra "solo" track.
pulmac

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey JGrimes28 .... in Reaper you can Send/Receive MIDI events to/from other tracks, so, set the Plug-in in one track and then "Receive from all other tracks" ( check the Reaper manual )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg microSTATION. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: