Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drum Map
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillyHank

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Drum Map Reply with quote

Has Korg ever produced a Drum Map for any of these arrangers?

Seems to me Korg has been very secretive to not provide a list showing what sounds are included with each drum kit and the key number too.

If anyone has discovered these lists, I sure would appreciate a copy or the location where they may be found.

My need is to produce drum maps for Cubase - I will gladly share these when finished.

Bill G
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Has Korg ever produced a Drum Map for any of these arrangers?

I think they not.
I'm using list of Roland drums set list, for me looks same as a korg
except I have to move up 2 octaves
I got Kick on note C3 #36 (if I using DAW)
here is a link:

http://www.voidaudio.net/percussion.html

Drums set in Korg has standard setup for basic drums set or very familiar.

Nemik
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Than you Nemik - I appreciate the map.

But there are 131 different drum kits in the Pa3X, surely they don't all have the same instruments mapped - if so, then one should do.

I am really disappointed that Korg provides so little information about these keyboards.

I love this keyboard, but I am starting to feel like I made a huge mistake because of the lack of any useful information for MIDI, sysex and now drums maps. Crying or Very sad

Bill G
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill, I suppose you have looked in the Advanced Edit Manual.
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don M

First place I looked - Not listed there-in.

What I am looking for is the key list for each drum Kit.
When you look in the Yamaha Datalist, you will see what sound to expect from each key in each drum kit.

Surely Korg has provided some named sounds that are different in at least several of the keys in the over 130 drum kits listed in the Advanced edit Manual.

No wonder the Korg drums keep getting beat up in the forums because no one has any idea of what is in the keyboard and my guess only about 3 or 4 of the kits ever get used for this reason. Just one big guessing game.

I love this keyboard, but it sure is hard trying to find out what is inside so you can use it.

Bill G
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say some one sent me a message about the drum map and I accidentally deleted it before I could read - please resend if you will.

Regards,

Bill G
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 90 kits with ~84 mappings each on the PA3X. That would take another thick manual to print out. I find it easy just to open a kit in SOUND mode and play the keyboard to see whats mapped there in DRUMKIT mode. All the regular kits have similar sounds mapped to the same keys just like the GM map above. The Advanced Edit Manual has everything else you need to know.

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who prints manuals any more? Rolling Eyes

True, many of the same sounds are mapped to the same keys in a lot of the kits, but there are a lot of sounds that have been moved to different locations in some of the kits.

I guess they could have done the same for all the voices, you could just name them all "voice" and just load them to see what they sound like and if they would be of any use in what you're trying to accomplish. Wink

Lazy! Lazy! Lazy!

Bill G
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
Who prints manuals any more? Rolling Eyes

True, many of the same sounds are mapped to the same keys in a lot of the kits, but there are a lot of sounds that have been moved to different locations in some of the kits.

I guess they could have done the same for all the voices, you could just name them all "voice" and just load them to see what they sound like and if they would be of any use in what you're trying to accomplish. Wink

Lazy! Lazy! Lazy!

Bill G

Not really. There are several violin samples in my PA but I still need to audition them to decide which one or combination is what I need. A list of the names of the samples used for a sound is useless to me, I need to listen to the sample to decide how I will use it or not. I guess I really do not understand what advantage you would gain by have a huge list of assigned samples that you could not get by just auditioning the kits. There is a list of all 1598 drum samples in the Advanced Edit Manual if you wish to build your own kit.

Johann Sebastian Bach

Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
BillyHank

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes of course out of the over 1,000 voices in the Pa3X, you at least have a few with the name "violin" from which to start your search for a "violin".

The Lazy I am referring too is Korgs in not including the information they already have in their manuals. Drum maps and "all" the MIDI coding tables.

Yes, you can go all the way back to the i30 for that, if those tables still apply to the Pa3X. And of course, if you were aware that the i30 even existed.

I guess I am one of the few who still reads the manuals and think the Korg manuals are excellent - except for the lack of "all" the needed and useful information. Seems most folks would rather just come here and ask for the information rather than read the manuals - that's another kind of LAZY!

I don't know why Korg includes all the capabilities for making styles, sounds and more when it is likely less than 1% of keyboard owners ever use any of those capabilities. They would rather just download someone else's work. That is another kind of LAZY!

So now I get it - rather than provide the requested help, just bash the question as being an unreasonable or stupid request.

Thanks for providing the other LAZY!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Who prints manuals any more?

I do!!! Embarassed
It costs a couple of reems etc but SO SO SO worth it

(I have replaced the trees)

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
BillyHank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - I meant Manufacturers - I should have been more specific. Laughing

Seriously tho - the Manufacturers are now producing these manuals in PDF format so we can download them and having them before we purchase makes it much easier to make the decision whether to buy or not.

I just knew I had to have the 900 after reading the manual - I would never have bought it if not for the manual being available.

And - we can print them all or just the parts we need - I think that really does save a lot of trees. Generally not known - we in Alabama are growing trees faster than we are cutting them down.

Bill G
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BillyHank wrote:
Yes of course out of the over 1,000 voices in the Pa3X, you at least have a few with the name "violin" from which to start your search for a "violin".

The Lazy I am referring too is Korgs in not including the information they already have in their manuals. Drum maps and "all" the MIDI coding tables.

Yes, you can go all the way back to the i30 for that, if those tables still apply to the Pa3X. And of course, if you were aware that the i30 even existed.

I guess I am one of the few who still reads the manuals and think the Korg manuals are excellent - except for the lack of "all" the needed and useful information. Seems most folks would rather just come here and ask for the information rather than read the manuals - that's another kind of LAZY!

I don't know why Korg includes all the capabilities for making styles, sounds and more when it is likely less than 1% of keyboard owners ever use any of those capabilities. They would rather just download someone else's work. That is another kind of LAZY!

So now I get it - rather than provide the requested help, just bash the question as being an unreasonable or stupid request.

Thanks for providing the other LAZY!

I never said your request was unreasonable or stupid, those are your words not mine. I said I did not understand what advantage you would gain by having a list of all the drumkit assignments in the manual, information which is already available in SOUND > DRUMKIT mode. I would still be interested to hear how that information would be useful to you. By the way, I also think the KORG manuals are great. Compared to my Yamaha manuals they are encyclopedic. I make it a practice to read through the manuals cover to cover at least once before I press one key on a new keyboard.

To be clear, I also think KORG has let us down BIG TIME with the lack of MIDI programming information on our keyboards. I just don't think a list of Drumkit assignments on paper or pdf vs LCD is as important as full documentation of MIDI on our PAs. I am very willing to be educated on the subject, so please tell be how that info would help your work flow.

Johann Sebastian Bach

BillyHank

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick,

Sorry, your post came across that way to me. Embarassed

When making styles on my DAW(Cubase) or converting other brand styles, it would be very helpful to know which kit to use and what is in each kit for selecting the needed instruments in the Drum Kits without having to go to the keyboard, switch to Sound Mode and play the keyboard to make that decision. I will make Cubase Drum maps for each kit and will be able to do the sound check while I am in the DAW, as I can do with the regular voices.

I want you to know I value your help and I was hoping someone already had those maps and could help me with this project.

I can and will just go ahead and do the task of making the maps, one key at a time for the over 130 kits. Just seems that Korg could have provided this information as it surely is not proprietary.

My regards,

Bill G
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want you to know I value your help and I was hoping someone already had those maps and could help me with this project.

I was hoping too.
So far my best way when I working on beat in DAW, next to me I have keyboard with Drum set on and I trying which key I need when (you not need them many), then I know a value, I just configured my drums plugin with the sound and that's all, ... my DAW remember, I remember and I not trying cry about.
I my opinion, Professional Arrangers still Instruments, still required some music skills to play and being musician you don't look on map of notes your chords when you try to played it , you just know them. Smile
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: