Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

new Volca track
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
analoguekid

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: new Volca track Reply with quote

https://soundcloud.com/analoguekid-1/the-journey-to-sands-brook

This is just under 18 minutes long and is a live improv using just my Korg Volca keys and Nintendo Korg DS10 with FX pedal Boss ME50B to add chorus reverb and delay and resonance changes via the expression pedal.
analoguekid

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has had 24 plays in 24 hours Smile
fant0mas

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IŽll take a listen when I get home from work - and I also have a track I made with the volcas to share, then (just needs finishing touches on the mix). Very Happy
analoguekid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fant0mas wrote:
IŽll take a listen when I get home from work - and I also have a track I made with the volcas to share, then (just needs finishing touches on the mix). Very Happy

cool post it up and I will look forward to listening later on when I'm in my music studio Smile
gabrielstigmatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is really good stuff! You make the Volcas sound very dynamic. I myself have the issue of forgetting to take dynamics into account. I easily fall into the mode of just finding a volume and staying there. I have been doing better, but it is still hard for me. Here, you masterfully handle these instruments and take the listener on a journey into the cosmos.

If you're interested, this is a song that I recently made using the Volcas. Keep on jamming, man!

https://soundcloud.com/hyperrealist/the-id
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gabrielstigmatic wrote:
This is really good stuff! You make the Volcas sound very dynamic. I myself have the issue of forgetting to take dynamics into account. I easily fall into the mode of just finding a volume and staying there. I have been doing better, but it is still hard for me. Here, you masterfully handle these instruments and take the listener on a journey into the cosmos.

If you're interested, this is a song that I recently made using the Volcas. Keep on jamming, man!

https://soundcloud.com/hyperrealist/the-id

I enjoyed listening to that thanks for posting it up, very interesting use of the gear Smile
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and thanks very much for having a listen to my track and the very encouraging comments on it Smile
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fant0mas wrote:

Did you manage to post your track up?
fant0mas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh yes, I did - though I shortly thought about scrapping it again and not releasing it to the public, because a friend of mine commented on it by asking if I had listened to a lot of Depeche Mode lately (which I really donŽt)...
and now I hear it as well, the melody I used resembles "Enjoy The Silence" quite strongly >_<

anyways... since it wasnŽt intentional and itŽs not close enough to Depeche Mode to be considered a rip-off, IŽll still publish it on my SoundCloud.

here you go:

http://soundcloud.com/xenosapien/xenosapien-vienna-calling-xn06

made with 3x Korg Volca (Beats, Bass, Keys), an Electribe ES-1 and my M-Audio Venom Synth (for the melody).
only reverb, EQ, sidechain/compression and mixing added in the box afterwards, plus the ambient/crowdnoise and transition-samples.
all filter-sweeps etc. on the synths were done live while recording, all in one take.
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fant0mas wrote:
oh yes, I did - though I shortly thought about scrapping it again and not releasing it to the public, because a friend of mine commented on it by asking if I had listened to a lot of Depeche Mode lately (which I really donŽt)...
and now I hear it as well, the melody I used resembles "Enjoy The Silence" quite strongly >_<

anyways... since it wasnŽt intentional and itŽs not close enough to Depeche Mode to be considered a rip-off, IŽll still publish it on my SoundCloud.

here you go:

http://soundcloud.com/xenosapien/xenosapien-vienna-calling-xn06

made with 3x Korg Volca (Beats, Bass, Keys), an Electribe ES-1 and my M-Audio Venom Synth (for the melody).
only reverb, EQ, sidechain/compression and mixing added in the box afterwards, plus the ambient/crowdnoise and transition-samples.
all filter-sweeps etc. on the synths were done live while recording, all in one take.

Thanks this sounds interesting and i'll listen later on when in the studz Smile
fant0mas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure, I hope youŽll like it Wink

I just took a listen to both of your tracks (and commented/followed/liked on SC), verrrry nice stuff, nice to see some sort of a sub-scene going on in this forum, even though you two guys are doing something quite different with it Smile
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fant0mas wrote:
sure, I hope youŽll like it Wink

I just took a listen to both of your tracks (and commented/followed/liked on SC), verrrry nice stuff, nice to see some sort of a sub-scene going on in this forum, even though you two guys are doing something quite different with it Smile

I will be in the studz in a few hours time so looking forward to hearing your track, thanks for giving mine a play and your nice comments, I am now following you on SC too so will look forward to more of your tracks when they happen Smile

Maybe the admin could move all our Volca related tracks etc. into a new thread dedicated to the Korg small form factor gear, inc. Kaosspads etc.
fant0mas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saw that you followed on SC, thanks Wink iŽll be awaiting your feedback.
got a couple of other productions on there, mostly DnB/dubstep though, except for one other "tech-y" track - with a Beavis and Butthead sample in it Razz
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fant0mas wrote:
got a couple of other productions on there, mostly DnB/dubstep though, except for one other "tech-y" track - with a Beavis and Butthead sample in it Razz

I quite like a bit of D & B, dubstep and liquid so post them up lets have a listen to those too Smile
analoguekid

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fant0mas wrote:

Some great tracks on there mate, lovely production skills and I wish I had the patience to program drum machines like that, its that aspect that stops me attempting anything like this, just cant be doing the laborious task of programing a drum track Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Volca Series All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: