Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pitch Bend Joystick Issue/Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
latnjazfan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:41 pm    Post subject: Pitch Bend Joystick Issue/Question Reply with quote

How do I turn off the "Pitch Bend" aspect of the Joy Stick when using it as a Leslie switch? When I reach over to flip the Joy Stick from Rotary Spkr/SLOW to Rotary Spkr/FAST I frequently hit the Joy Stick on the X axis causing the CX-3 pitch to bend. This is not acceptable. Can anyone tell me exactly what the steps are to program the Joy Stick to simply and only effect the rotary speaker feature?

Thanks!!!
burningbusch
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go into EXi1==>BASIC==>CONTROLLERS and set the two pitch bend parameters at the top left to 00.

BTW, with the new 2.1 CX-3 engine it's possible to change it so that the pitch bend joy stick can more mimic the traditional half moon switch. Instead of up/down you're using left right. To make this change go to:

EXi1==>AMP/VC/ROTARY SP==>ROTARY SPEAKER
-At the top right you'll see a SPEED SW: and an AMS with a value of JS+Y (CC#01). Change that to JS X

Busch.
Kronos 73, Nautilus 61, Vox Continental 73, Monologue, Yamaha Montage 8, Rhodes Suitcase, Yamaha VL-1, Roland V-Synth, Yamaha AvantGrand, Minimoog Model D, Studio Electronics Omega 8, CSS, Spitfire, VSL, LASS, Sample Modeling, Ivory, Komplete 12, Spectrasonics, Cubase, Pro Tools, etc.
http://www.purgatorycreek.com
jeremykeys
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've actually got my damper pedal set to some of my organ patches to trigger the Leslie speed change. I'm not at my Kronos right now but I beleive I did it throughout the AMS routing. The thing to remember is, it is still also a damper pedal so you just have to tap it quickly or you'll be sustaining notes and organs don't usually have sustain pedal! Wink
Gear: Kronos 73, Triton Pro-X, Wavestation EX, Polysix, King Korg, Monotron and Monotron Duo, Minikorg, Moog Grandmother, 1 Roland U-20, Hammond M3, 4 acoustic and 6 electric guitars, 1 Ibanez 5 string bass, a bunch of microphones and other very cool toys, 1 wife and 3 cats!
latnjazfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burningbusch wrote:
. . .
BTW, with the new 2.1 CX-3 engine it's possible to change it so that the pitch bend joy stick can more mimic the traditional half moon switch. Instead of up/down you're using left right. To make this change go to:

EXi1==>AMP/VC/ROTARY SP==>ROTARY SPEAKER
-At the top right you'll see a SPEED SW: and an AMS with a value of JS+Y (CC#01). Change that to JS X
Busch.

Busch: This worked WONDERFUL! in PROG mode. I found I needed to make the change and then "Write Program" for each of the organs. And just as you said - left-to-right for FAST and right-to-left for SLOW - like a Leslie switch on an old B3! Lovin' it.

However when back in Combi mode the rotary switch activates the Leslie effect perfectly - but I'm still getting the pitch bend effect on the organ when I use the joystick. Is there somewhere in the Combi controls that would cause this?? Any ideas on how I can complete the process?

BTW: I couldn't get Int A 054 CX-3 Organ 888 Sw1 V2 to use the Rotary Speaker effect. Any thoughts on this?
latnjazfan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:59 am    Post subject: Of Course You're Right but . . . Reply with quote

jeremykeys wrote:
I've actually got my damper pedal to trigger the Leslie . . . . and organs don't usually have sustain pedal! Wink

You are right about this but it turns out using sustain on the organ when in unison with pianos and other sounds in Combis can sound good. It takes the staccato effect away. The same could be said for the BASS: sometimes it helps to have it assigned to the sustain pedal for a smoother sound - NO?
LZ
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There're 2 different places you can set this. In Program Mode, EXi>Basic>Controllers>Pitch Bend - set to zero. If you save the program that way, it'll carry over to the combi.

In Combi, you can over-ride the bend range of a program in Timber Parameter>Pitch>Bend Range. Instead of PRG which is the program bend range, set to zero.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LZ wrote:
There're 2 different places you can set this. In Program Mode, EXi>Basic>Controllers>Pitch Bend - set to zero. If you save the program that way, it'll carry over to the combi.

In Combi, you can over-ride the bend range of a program in Timber Parameter>Pitch>Bend Range. Instead of PRG which is the program bend range, set to zero.

That did it!! You guys are great.

Thank you BBusch and LZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: