Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR HELP
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pouyakhoshgoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: DESPERATELY LOOKING FOR HELP Reply with quote

Hello everybody!

I got my KronosX like two weeks ago and to be honest with you i have NO idea how to work with it!!!!
Because i've never had a synthsizer before!
I always had arranger keyboards!

All i can do with it is to change the sounds!!!

I desperately need help! I want you to guide me throught the right direction and tell me if there is any way to learn this instrument Step-by-step!

I look forward hearing from you guys!

Cheers
Pouya

bkpie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have not used Korg products before their is a learning curve. Everything is in the manuals and lots in the parameter guide. If you want basic instruction...You Tube has a number of videos on how to do things free...also this guy makes fairly easy tutorials at a cost. http://www.sudosonic.com/servlet/the-49/Korg-Kronos/Detail
SanderXpander
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Start with the operation guide.
For the rest, you'll need to be more specific. What do you want to do that you can't?
andreidelait

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your first thing different from arrangers is how do you make splits and layers.
You have to understand how a combi works for this using MIDI chanels, Keyboard zones and velocity zones.
This is the first thing you want to know if you are a live player. If you are using it in the studio maybe this is not so important at the first step.
What did you choose the Kronos for? What made you to buy it? If you let us know what do you want to do and maybe you will get some advices.

Good Luck
DavyP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:07 pm    Post subject: Kronos tutorials Reply with quote

Try the korg tutorial videos that come with the keyboard, or on you tube, or the korg website. They are a good introduction to the basic features.
Korg Kronos 88, Korg M1, Novation SL61 MKII, Roland JV1080 with Techno expansion, Roland D110, Yamaha MU80, KRK Rokit 5 monitors, Akai ME30PII midi patch bay, Behringer RX1602 mixer, ESI ESP1010e audio interface, Quad Core PC, Cubase Pro 9.0, SE X1 condenser mic.

Guitars: Yamaha SG700, Ovation Applause electro-acoustic, Squier Strat, Roland micro cube amp.

Former: Roland Jupiter 6, Yamaha DX9, Akai X7000 sampler, Casio CZ1000, Roland SH101, Roland TR909, Roland MC500mk2, Emu Procussion.
Pouyakhoshgoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really appreciate it guys!
Well the reason why i got this instrument is that i wanna sequence my own songs and stuff. Im not a live performer. The instrument is mainly gonna be used in homeand studio.

I've also heard about sudosonic tutorials, but are they really good? Usefull for users like me?!
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch Qui's videos! One by one then do each!
JPWC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't just watch Qui videos, transcribe all the text also. (Great way to learn and you have something you can write on as you take your knowledge to the next step.

But, before you do anything, just play the thing. Every Program, Every Combi. Push every button, push every slider.

After about a few weeks of this, you'll know what this instrument is capable of (almost endless) and you'll have ideas of what you can do with your own musical adventures.

Print the manuals and every doc you can find, put in a binder and leave them in places you can read them (bathroom).

The depth and capabilities of this instrument could easy take a year to master, even with day to day study.

Good luck, have fun and happy playing.
Kronos-6, Krome, M3, Radias, KingKorg, microKorg, KP-2, KP-3, KO-1, KO-1 PRO, Karma, microX, monotron, monotribe, PadCONTROL, Wavedrum Mini, Volca Keys, Beats, Bass, Sample, monotron Duo & Delay, microArranger, M1, Wavestation, Volca Sample, Keys, Beats & Bass, MS-20

JD-XA, JD-Xi, Aira (system 1, TB3, TR8, MX-1), Prophet 12, Mopho X4, Jupiter-80, FA-06, D50, CS1x, CZ101, DX200, AN200, analogFOUR, MachineDrum, MonoMachine, Motif XF6, Virus Snow, Nord Lead 2X, OP-1, MFOS, Tenori-on, QY100, QY70, meeblip se, miniBrute, microBrute, Bass Station 2
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPWC wrote:
Don't just watch Qui videos, transcribe all the text also. (Great way to learn and you have something you can write on as you take your knowledge to the next step.

that's a good tip but for the latest tutorials this is not needed since you can print the complete transcription on my site for the latest tutorials.

See for instance:
Tutorial 14: creating your own combi

Also i got some questions in the past why i didn't narrate the videos, i did this on purpose. These aren't demos, they are only intended for kronos users and are handson videos. I strongly believe in doing things yourself to learn the most out of it. So to get the most out of my tutorials there are two steps:
Step 1: first watch it without pausing the video and reading the steps screens. Then you know what you are going to learn and basically what to expect as the end result
Step 2: watch it again and pause the video at each steps screen. Then do all the steps yourself on your own kronos.

If you do it this way i'm absolutely positive that you will get a grip of the basic features of the kronos and more importantly, you learn how the interface works and where you can find certain features.
Pouyakhoshgoo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank you guys all!!!!!
Believe it or not i was so hopeless and deppressed!
Now i really fell good when i read all your comments.
I thank you for spending some time to write all these to me!

I feel like i've wasted my time using Arranger keyboards. Sad((((
Synthsizer is a compeletly different world!

I'm gonna do all things you told me and im gonna ask your help too!

Luv u guys!
Cheers
SKung

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should check the video manuals from Korg, they give you a good overview of the system.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w77zsCHO2Oc

You can follow these instructions in realtime with your own Kronos
Synthoid
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouyakhoshgoo wrote:
I've also heard about sudosonic tutorials, but are they really good? Usefull for users like me?!

From the few reviews I've read... the Sudosonic vids tend to be boring.

Cool
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pouyakhoshgoo you have a leg up in me! This was my first synth anything! This board is not for the lazy it takes work to learn especially coming at it as a first board! After a year I still haven't left the beginner stages but it is now fun and I can tweak sounds, make my own sounds, set up combis and more so it is doable! Stick with it, it is a great board! I just wish I. Oils work with it every day. I usually only have the weekends. I'm on a two week holiday now and have learned more in the last week then I have in the last six months so the more you can immerse yourself in it the faster it will come! Have fun!
kaptainkeyboard

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you're navigating thru' the various pages and have no idea what's going on, press the "HELP" button on your Kronos - this will display the on board manual relative to the page you are on.
I forget it's there most of the time, but it's stopped me pulling out what's left my hair a few times...
Niarf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was completly lost with my K, even I had a X3 in early years... But with persistence and a lot of video tuts, I can ride my K on all sides =)

CyA and continue, this will take a time but not so long =)
Ableton Push
Where's my Kronos ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: