Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

King Korg Piano Sounds

View previous topic :: View next topic  
carpetcrawler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: King Korg Piano Sounds Reply with quote

Howdy folks..I'm new to the forum but not new to Korg's..I have had Korg 61Tr forever..I love this thing but unfortunately it is beginning to wear out quick..it dies - (I think the power connection is going as it goes completely goes silent) I never really used it for sequencing or song creation - just mainly as a live instrument. The thing is wonderful but I hesitate to take it out of the house. It has a great set of pianos. What I am wondering is how the KK stacks up in the piano department? I am looking at replacing my TR with either a KK or that Roland VR09. I realize the KK is more of a synth type performance machine. Just curious if anyone can comment on piano sounds? Also an opinion KK vs that Roland VR09? Thanks... Smile

Also..I am a little concerned about the tube..having been a guitar player for years and being able to get the tubes is a good thing..but on this it looks like it's a job for a pro? Is the tube always running or does it just warm up and go when you need it?..
Citizen Klaus

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: King Korg Piano Sounds Reply with quote

carpetcrawler wrote:
Howdy folks..I'm new to the forum but not new to Korg's..I have had Korg 61Tr forever..I love this thing but unfortunately it is beginning to wear out quick..it dies - (I think the power connection is going as it goes completely goes silent) I never really used it for sequencing or song creation - just mainly as a live instrument. The thing is wonderful but I hesitate to take it out of the house. It has a great set of pianos. What I am wondering is how the KK stacks up in the piano department? I am looking at replacing my TR with either a KK or that Roland VR09. I realize the KK is more of a synth type performance machine. Just curious if anyone can comment on piano sounds?

Listen for yourself: King Korg Piano Pad. (YouTube)
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it really is a preference thing but when i heard the EP's i immediately started using them on my weighted 88, very happy with them. Though i feel like if piano's are your thing, you might want to look somewhere else...
Lando2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not absolutely sure, but I think the piano samples come from the M1. As a dance piano or layered with pads or as a source for sounddesign it is a nice addon for a VA synth but i wouldnt use it for playing piano in a classic way.

The epiano sounds i like a lot, they are very useful.

If you are looking for a keyboard with good bread and butter sounds like pianos etc., you just need some synthsounds and you like "the korgsound", maybe the Krome is the right keyboard for you.

But if you want to tweak synthsounds from scratch in a very easy way, want to play classic as modern synthsounds with very smooth filters, then look at the KK. The sampled sounds like pno, organ, brass, choir etc. are here just an addon.
carpetcrawler

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks..I've been listening to demos..the piano one wasn't that bad..I have a Korg Triton and the King seems to stack up to it piano wise..I need a universal synth - not necessarily a workstation..I am a utility guy and usually I have a guitar strapped on when I am playing keys..This looks tweakable on the fly and easy to edit user patches..
djcactus

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personally I like the electric piano sounds, i do get a better vibe from the acoustic with a weighted board.

Also as you said, its really easy to edit things on the fly, for the most part, though there are some parameters that need menu diving to alter, these can still be patched though, hope this helps
carpetcrawler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

djcactus wrote:
personally I like the electric piano sounds, i do get a better vibe from the acoustic with a weighted board.

Also as you said, its really easy to edit things on the fly, for the most part, though there are some parameters that need menu diving to alter, these can still be patched though, hope this helps

If the key action is close to what I have on my old Triton 61..I'd be happy enough..thanks for the input..sounds like I could midi this into a weighted controller if I wanted to but again if it is as close as my Triton - I'm good with that..
djcactus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpetcrawler wrote:
djcactus wrote:

If the key action is close to what I have on my old Triton 61..I'd be happy enough..thanks for the input..sounds like I could midi this into a weighted controller if I wanted to but again if it is as close as my Triton - I'm good with that..

i do splits with a weighted, usually more dynamically demanding on the weighted and synths, leads, basses whatever on the synth action. I do like the feel of the board though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg KingKORG All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: